Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC preparation
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
michaelp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 pm   Post subject: CCC preparation

I plan on writing the CCC this year, and will most likely be using Turing.
Last year, I think I got the first 3(for junior), but I had absolutely no idea on how to get the 4th. Even with most of the junior past contests, I will usually get stumped at around question #4. This year, I'm hoping that I can get the question #4, and make an attempt at getting #5.
What are some good ways to prepare for the CCC? What concepts are usually necessary for getting all of the questions on the junior CCC?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC preparation

Well, past contests are definitely the way to go.

For junior, the concepts that usually show up are:
- array manipulation
- string manipulation
- nested for loops and if statements
- basic recursion (usually for #5)
- basic graph theory (also usually #5)

I would advise you to look at past contests, as they are the bst way to practice. Check out the unofficial solutions website: http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/index.htm
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC preparation

You might also need to code a solution to a math-type problem, too. Though it'll most likely be trivial to code once you figure out the math behind it.
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am   Post subject: RE:CCC preparation

Well, the only 'math-type' problem they usually ask involves you needing to know some formulas (like area of triangle, heron's formula, etc...). Thpugh this isn't always the case.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: