Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Graphics Tests
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:34 pm   Post subject: Graphics Tests

So, you've taught yourself Python, and you are wondering how your skill rates with other grade 11 students in Ontario. Well here is one way to check. At Massey, tests are 40 minutes long and you are allowed to use old programs and any notes you want. The graphics test consists of two questions, an easy one and a harder one. To test yourself take two files of the same letter (A, B, C, D). Set your timer for 40 minutes and try to code both problems. If you can't do it in time, don't simply jump into the next set of problems. Give it some time, odds are you don't know enough yet, or you need to work on the way you are approaching the problems. Wait until you are ready, then try the next set. Feel free to PM me for the source code if you are stuck. You will need Python 2.5, and pygame 1.7 installed for these examples to run.

Graphics Test 0708.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Graphics Test 0708.zip
 Filesize:  6.76 KB
 Downloaded:  393 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

mckenzie you should give us more tests and stuff for python Very Happy
and some more lessons and stuff
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:27 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

Agreed, The Python tutorials are not nearly as extensive as the other languages on this site.
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:03 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

ya....i kno...i always gotta go to other sites for tutorials Sad

i go on this site to just show my answers and stuff and talk bout ways to improve Very Happy
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:14 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

INstead of being a site devoted to Python, compsci.ca's attention is divided among many languages and ideas, and Python is just one of the languages.

It is not as "popular" as Java, and I cannot speak for all of the community, but there are at least a few of the more senior members here who have found other languages (Ruby being one of them) more enjoyable.
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

ya i kno wtd....its just that i wish there was as much activity in the python section as there are in other languages...for example...
Turing
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

well, Turing is what is used in most of the CS classrooms across Ontario, so naturally it's the most popular. I wish we started with python though
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

should i go into turing after i do python?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

NO there's no reason to, after python I would recommend Java, or if you're really up for it, C++.
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics Tests

ok java seems good to do Very Happy
but.....i wanna learn something BEFORE i do java and c++
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: