Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Picture Particler.
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Reality Check

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:02 pm   Post subject: Picture Particler.

Just playing around with some particle stuff. Not perfect I know but meh...I'm open to any and all criticisms to criticize away! I'm also open to compliments but I doubt there will be much...

I commented it as best I could and feel free to change the CELLSIZE variable. I prefer 2. Particle1 is main class.

P.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  P.zip
 Filesize:  64.87 KB
 Downloaded:  327 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:31 am   Post subject: RE:Picture Particler.

Interesting idea... at first I was confused why it was drawing images instead of particles. Smile Most importantly, though, implement WindowListener! Better yet, use Java 1.5 or 1.6 and use setDefaultCloseOperation().
Reality Check

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 am   Post subject: Re: Picture Particler.

I had commented out a few different methods for getting the particles and their motions. I liked this one the best. For example, the velocities for the particle would be set directly to the components instead of gradually. This took away the fluidness but on the other hand gave it a nice tail of particle as you move as opposed to this way where it breaks apart quickly. Another thing I had was I never allowed the velocity to be 0. I simply gave it a 1 pixel speed once it entered the picture zone and it gave it a cool staticy look. Ultimately I went for the cleaner look.

Oh and thanks for the suggestion I was going to implement window listener. I've been lazy to do so. Any other suggestions?
rto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 am   Post subject: RE:Picture Particler.

Hmm this might have just been me, but when i ran this program IT would not close .. nothing i did would close it

I actually had to reboot my compuer -.-
Vermette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Picture Particler.

Ditto on implementing WindowListener, or more preferable extending JFrame instead and using setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE)
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Picture Particler.

If your on windows, you can just go to task manager, find the process/task and close it. Of course coding it to end properly is better.
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Picture Particler.

insectoid @ Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm wrote:
If your on windows, you can just go to task manager, find the process/task and close it. Of course coding it to end properly is better.

I ran it on a school computer. So did rto. We have no access to Task Manager.

So, proper coding is the ONLY way to go.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: