Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 python help, Unit Conversion Program
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
btiffin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:python help, Unit Conversion Program

burmantanya @ Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm wrote:
what does the statement looks like thou???
i have been researching on interent like crazziiee

burmantanya; If you hang out here long enough, you may find I ditto Zeroth from time to time. Had I not refreshed the screen before this post, I wouldn't have even known this time.

To quote Douglas Adams "Don't Panic". As Zeroth just stated. Slow down. wtd gave you a great hint about Zeroth already answering part of the problem. Don't do it in a rush, but read the first reply Zeroth made. Then read it again until you see that he gave you the names of some functions.

And, being a student board, there is actually less direct help here than you may find on more generic technical sites. compsci.ca can make you a better programmer. Hey, may even make you a better person. But it is unlikely that you will find cut and pasteable solutions to class related problems.

And if you really really do get stuck, slow down once again. And even if it is utter disgust and exhaustion, use the power of the Python.
code:
>>> help()
help>

And at that help prompt, type in every word from that first reply Zeroth posted. Eventually the critical keywords will become apparent. By the way, the q key will get you out of any help entries. At least here on my Debian GNU/Linux system.

Best of skill. And some advice from the old guy ... the more pissed off you get, the better it will feel when you get the answer (although you may not notice just how much better until you hit your mid-thirties). Smile

Cheers
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: