Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Totaly noob to VB
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rcbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 pm   Post subject: Totaly noob to VB

OK, so I'm basically cluesless with VB. But I wan't to figure out how to make a program that will let me input a website name and then I click a button and it opens a web brower (IE) and goes to that web page. Anyways, what tutorials should I look at to help me learn to make this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jbking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Totaly noob to VB

Why wouldn't you want a console application that can take in the website name? By having a button, you are forcing this into either a web app or a winforms app I think as the button could be viewed as on a web page or as being on a new dialog box that opens up.

My personal opinion on this type of question would be to use Windows Script to take in an arguement and then execute "iexplore %1" where the %1 is the arguement passed in for the guts of the program. Console applications are a bit easier as there isn't any user interface elements to worry about so that for example in XP if I type "iexplore www.google.com" it'll open IE and take me to Google's home page.

JB
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: