Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Should topics be buryed when locked?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should topics be buryed when locked?
(No ending time set)
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Do not care/No opionion
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:02 pm   Post subject: Should topics be buryed when locked?

As of v3, when a topic is locked it is sent to the last page of the forum it is in. This has lead to some confusion about where the topic has gone and if it was deleted or not. So the question is, should this be changed back to how it was in v2, left how it is now or something eltes. Please post your options!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

I personally don't care where topics go when they get locked. If they get buried then no one reads them and can't post in them. If they're not buried, then people read them and still can't post in them anyways. Either way, burying locked topics doesn't really help all that much IMO.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

If its causing confusion, its no harm in having them where they were.

So, No.
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

I'm going to have to join the "it's too confusing and really pointless anyways" camp on this one. My vote goes to no.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:56 am   Post subject: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

I'm in agreement with those who would disagree.

(No)

EDIT: I guess adding constructively to this would help. When someone makes a stupid topic and comes back to find it has been locked, they (some of them anyway) will take a hint and shut the hell up about said topic. But when they come back and see it's gone, they're likely to think "whoops teh world wide web broke i haff 2 post again ell oh ell".
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Should topics be buryed when locked?

You mean like this? http://www.compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=15408
richcash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Should topics be buryed when locked?

Well, one argument against burying it is that sometimes topics get locked because time has expired, such as the 20 lines contest.
I actually don't care either way, though, just pointing that out.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:46 am   Post subject: Re: Should topics be buryed when locked?

I'd say no. I couldn't have phrased my argument better than Mazer did. Thanks Mazer! Dance

I really wish there was a thumbs up emoticon.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 am   Post subject: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

I'd say no. These threads could contain valuable info that may be sueful later on, and to be unable to find them would really be a shame.
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:13 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Should topics be buryed when locked?

War_Caymore @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 am wrote:
I'd say no. These threads could contain valuable info that may be sueful later on, and to be unable to find them would really be a shame.
Generally they're either a person asking for Turing or 20 pages of flames. They were buried in the first place because they're seen generally as pointless. Problem is the original poster comes back and sees their thread is missing, and probably thinks the internet broke as Mazer said. The OP reposts again (usually in a different and wrong section) asking why their post was deleted or the question again.

Most hardly contain valuable information.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: