Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Who is better?
(No ending time set)
Vikings
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Pirates
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ninjas
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Ninja Pirates armed with Vikings
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

md

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:47 pm   Post subject: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

The other poll is good and all; and I'm sure it has it's base in a reasonable debate between the relative merits of pirates vs. ninjas. However there is an important group left out of that debate: Vikings. They kill, they rape, they pillage, they kill and rape some more. They are the quintessential dark age terror machines. And they are so much cooler then even ninja pirates!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

obviously ninja pirates armed with vikings. I mean, come on, brains commanding the brawn here Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 am   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

You kids have serious problems. May I suggest cheesecake?
md

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:31 am   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

No. Cheesecake is for piggy's. Or the Tall Ones.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:22 am   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

I's have to say Ninja Pirates armed with Vikings. The only problem with this is that I know it wil never happen....
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

I'm going to have to go with Vikings for this one. Mainly because they have the word "king" in their name.
Mayday

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

Indeed Ninja pirates armed with Vikings is pretty deadly, But im gunna have to go with Ninjas. And here is why ..... Ninja's are Ninja's .... they are trained to the max, in there field ... they are quick deadly and they cannot go any further in there training. and then Ninja pirates armed with Vikings are like Red mages .... good at everything but not Great at anything ... so you see, i would rather be Amzingly skilled at one thing, Rather than Modertly skilled in many things ..... So Ninjas Kick Ass
md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

Mayday @ 2007-03-21, 3:05 pm wrote:
Indeed Ninja pirates armed with Vikings is pretty deadly, But im gunna have to go with Ninjas. And here is why ..... Ninja's are Ninja's .... they are trained to the max, in there field ... they are quick deadly and they cannot go any further in there training. and then Ninja pirates armed with Vikings are like Red mages .... good at everything but not Great at anything ... so you see, i would rather be Amzingly skilled at one thing, Rather than Modertly skilled in many things ..... So Ninjas Kick Ass

Say you're a god at killing people with swords. Whereas I am only moderately skilled at killing people with artillery. Now good as you are at killing people with swords, there is no way you'll get close enough before my artillery tears you to shreds. So I miss once or twice; I still have another 10km in which to hit you.

Better to be good at everything, then great at one thing and suck at everything else. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

md @ Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:40 pm wrote:
Mayday @ 2007-03-21, 3:05 pm wrote:

Say you're a god at killing people with swords. Whereas I am only moderately skilled at killing people with artillery. Now good as you are at killing people with swords, there is no way you'll get close enough before my artillery tears you to shreds. So I miss once or twice; I still have another 10km in which to hit you.

Better to be good at everything, then great at one thing and suck at everything else. Wink

Dude.... he's a ninja... YOU DON'T SEE NINJAS! so even if you are moderately good with artillary, the ninja is so stealthy that even random aiming with artillary wouldn't hit it. I agree with Mayday, Ninjas FTW!
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

Hm, how these are featured polls - I wonder :/

Ninjas wern't liked and they got owned when the English evaded Japan (I think), they were actually losing to the Chinese too but their 'Kamikaze' (a typhoon) came and saved them. So, they pretty much suck Very Happy

Though I would take them over the other choices... so Ninja ftw!
Mayday

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

Actually, It was the Samuri that got pwnd by the english, and the Ninja's ... were actually Hired by the english to do Stealth assasinations on the Samuri. and the Ninja's were more than happy to do it, Because over many years the Samuri opressed the public thinking that they were the supiror's. Due to this many towns ppl fled to the mountains into hiding, were a new form of fighting was Born "Ninjitsu" (the art of Stealth) and after many years of trainging the few Elite masters of Ninjitsu came to be known as Ninja's ... and the Samuri started to Fear this. Because unlike the Samuri's form of combat which was Face to Face with Honor .. the Ninja's choose what was belived to be a more cowardly way of fighting which was to strike from behind and without warning .......

and if you know anything about combat, A fight's a Fight ... There are no cheap moves, You must use what ever you have or what ever works best to your advantage .... so to me, The balls are fair game.

Now all i need is that stupid star and Rainbow thing above my head that says "The More You Know"
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

Pfft Chuck Norris owns all Razz
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:40 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

CodeMonkey2000 wrote:

1- Keep on topic
2- You will be flamed but not me, but most likely others, mostly because Chuck Norris is invincible and its futile to flame anyone who mentions Chuck Norris.

Mayday wrote:

and if you know anything about combat, A fight's a Fight ... There are no cheap moves, You must use what ever you have or what ever works best to your advantage .... so to me, The balls are fair game.

Not cool...

Anyways, i chose Ninjas becuase if the three do what they do best, Ninjas will win. Examples.

Ninjas VS Pirates: Pirates are on a ship, so they have nowhere to run. Sure they have guns and cannons, but the cannons are useless, and most likely the ninjas would already be abord the ship, probably hiding in the dark somewhere. either way, pirates drink alot, so chances are they are smashed. So when night falls, the ninjas would out of hiding and slit the throats of everyone onboad. They toss the bodies and commendere the ship. Pirates lose.

Ninjas VS Vikings: Lets say the vikings come to rape, pillage and that to the village of the ninjas. They will come charging in, like Vikings do, and the ninjas will be waiting on rooftops, in dark corners, exe. Once a decent group is in, they all pop out at once and shoot ninja start or whatever they throw and kill them all in one swoop. Again, ninjas win.

This is up for discussion.
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Pirates, Ninja\'s or Vikings?

CodeMonkey2000 @ Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:15 pm wrote:
Ok this is getting way too old. This was cool like... years ago. Have you kids even seen MIA?

Either way, vikings.
Mayday

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Pirates, Ninja's or Vikings?

CodeMonkey2000 wrote:
]
Pfft Chuck Norris owns all P

Im sry i have to do this but, Which Chuck norris .... Martial Arts Training Chuck norris, Movie Chuck norris, Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris, or Bowflex Sponsorship Chuck Norris .... come on man, Know you Chuck ....

once again, Im sry for getting off topic.

and the reason i said The balls are fair game is because after 3 years jujitsu training, and 2 years hand to Hand weapons training, i have come to realize that if One does not know how to protect the balls then One should not be in a fight .... Cause your Opponent will be trying to hurt you ... and to a man ..... That is the best target to hurt your opponent ....

and Ninja's vs Pirates .... come on, Ninja's totally own all ..... and if the Ninja wasnt on the ship with the pirates, As soon as they Aim for the Ninja ( HOw unlikly that is Condisdering its a freaking Ninja) than the Ninja will just instaniusly get on the ship clog the Barrel, with Ninja Clogging ummm ..... Ninja stuff .... Thats right "Ninja clogging Ninja stuff", and then get off the ship and stand right back were they were aiming. And since its a Ninja they wont see him move ..... thus causing the Cannon to Back fire and sink the ship.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: