Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Lookie what I found!
Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:43 pm   Post subject: Lookie what I found!

I found a Ruby Tutorial here and its interactive, it shows the basics or some elements of the languageas an interacitve interpriter. I wanted to get into Ruby, and I was wondering if this is a decent representation of the language.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm fairly sure that wtd has mentioned this resource many times over, but it's awesome that you found this on your own Very Happy

It's actually running the real irb (you can deviate from the tutorial and run any Ruby code... give it a try.. it even shows you errors) (it's most probably running in a Sandbox so that you don't mess up the server). So yes, it's an excellent representation of the language (being the language itself). Pretty good tutorial to follow as well Smile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks Tony, although i never knew that wtd endorsed it, or even knew about it for that matter.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Definitely a site worth promoting again.

Good job.
   Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: