Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Map Sim Program
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:50 pm   Post subject: Map Sim Program

Okay so here is a program were supposed to make for school. It's simple and nothing impressive. I'd just like some feed back on it and if any errors come up. It's still about half done so it's bound to be buggy. Also I know some people have asked me to do a remake of my old ant game so I'll get that by this weekend.

Instructions: Input the names, populations, and comuter ratings of 10 cities. Once you've entered the 10 cities change options and you are able to simulate a transport from one city to another.

If you need anymore details on how to use the program just ask.

Map Program.zip
 Description:
Here's the program.

Download
 Filename:  Map Program.zip
 Filesize:  21.99 KB
 Downloaded:  321 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RGB255

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's a pretty cool program. I can't believe you call that simple, I can only imagine how much code it would take to make a program like that. A couple questions though when I put in a very large number for the population a thing pops up and says that the population is invalid and when I do get a city drawn why is the one circle out over the water? Doesn't a city have to be on land?
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you. But really it's a very simple program. Also the red circles they are a representation of the population of the city so you can compare with the other cities. So if the circle goes out over the water it doesn't mean that the city is over the water or in the water. As for the message box that pops up, it's because I had to put in restrictions on the population firstly because if the population was too big it wouldn't show up on the screen and secondly the variable I used would overflow because of large number and give an error which I think most people don't want. The main caps I put in the population of cities are 10 000 000, 1 000 000, and 700 000. Also note some of these restrictions are in because the city is located on an island or a restrictive geographical area on the map so it makes more sense to put restrictions in that will limit the amount of people living in the area. Also som of you may notice that some of the city centres (black dots) are really close to the water or slightly on the water. This is because of your resolution that you are running on your computer and it plays havok with scaling in VB and I'm not going to write code to fix it because we're getting a new assignment tomorrow and I won't have time.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: