Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help with showDialogWindow (there is an extra pop-up window
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
asteffes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 am   Post subject: Help with showDialogWindow (there is an extra pop-up window

I'm building an ASP.NET 2.0 application in Visual Studio 2005.

Here is what I want to do, and what is happening:
Want:
1 User clicks on button
2 New window opens up, user selects File to upload and a Date, clicks "submit"
3 Window automatically closes, returns to parent window and refreshes the page.

What is happening:
1 User clicks on button
2 New window pops up. When "submit" is clicked, a NEW window pops up, and neither window closes.

I've tried setting the post method of my form to _self and _parent with no change in what is happening. I'm using a master page to design the parent page, but not the child page.

Please let me know if you have any fix ideas, I'd appreciate it.

-Adam

Here is my javascript:

onclick="showModalDialog('AddPQAEval.aspx?ProjID=5', 'cal', 'dialogWidth:800px; dialogHeight:800px; dialogLeft:10px; dialogTop:10px; status:no;');"
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This section of the site is for the java progaming langue by sun microwsystems. Javascript is not java. Also the javascrip used here has functions that are only found in ASP. Thus, it is unlikey you will get many anwsers for this. I am moving this to XHTML section as it is the most realted to the topic. A shadow will be left in Java for the time being.

P.S. Sorry i could not help but i do not know ASP.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: