Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Phantom Gear
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
lordroba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:56 pm   Post subject: Phantom Gear

A while back I posted a tactics game that I had begun to work on in Turing. Anyways, I got bored of making that for the moment so I mentioned that I was working on a RPG. Well, I thought I'd post an early build of it here right now. The game includes two map sections and an NPC. (move right to get to second map)

some screens:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

the controls are
UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT for movement.
W,A,S,D for changing direction without moving
C to start, accept, select
X to cancel, get out of a window
SPACEBAR for jump(i'm still working on the jumping)

Btw, the zip file includes both the RPG version of Phantom Gear, and Phantom Gear Tactics. The files are the same size because both games run off the exact same engine. The RPG obviously still needs a lot of work, but I think I'll post another build once I get a battle system in. I'd like to know what you guys think, so feel free to make any comments/suggestions

The file is too big to post here so you'll need to download it via Rapidshare
here is the link---> http://rapidshare.de/files/37127622/PhantomGear.zip

click on the 'free' button and wait a few seconds for the download link to appear.

Here is the MegaUpload link if your having trouble with Rapidshare
----------------> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GL7GXAHC

EDIT: To check out the latest developments visit my blog: http://lordroba.blogspot.com/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There seems to be a problem with your zip file. When I try to unzip it winzip says that the file has skipped a compression stage.
lordroba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I just downloaded the file off of Rapidshare, unziped it, tested it, and everything works fine. Maybe your file got corrupted during downloading or something, so try to download the file again. If that doesn't work, try upgrading your version of winzip. I used maximum compression so it might not unzip properly with older versions of winzip. Hope this helps Smile
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay I'll try that and see if I can get it to work.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry for the double post but I remembered that I had WinRAR on my PC so I was able to unzip the file. Also what are the controls for the game?
NikG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Silent Avenger wrote:
Sorry for the double post but I remembered that I had WinRAR on my PC so I was able to unzip the file. Also what are the controls for the game?
Read the first post.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahh, right! I think I'm gonna need glasses because I didn't see that.
Carey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

theres somehting wrong with the zip archive. i cant get a couple of pictures to extract.

from the screenshots it looks like a really good start on a game, but i cant download it to test it. please consider re-posting it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've been able to test the program and I must say that it is very good for a start. You could make a lot of money off of something like this lordroba. Also Carey try downloading the latest version of WinRar which can be found here http://www.rarlab.com/ and that should be able to extract all the files.
lordroba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Due to some people having trouble with extracting the files, I decided to to upload another copy of the file that has a lower compression rate. BUT I can't actually do that unless I have a host for the new file. I wanted to do it with rapidshare.de, but "Unfortunately all drives of RapidShare.de are full right now." So unless I can find a host (any suggestions people?), all I can say is, try using winrar or a newer version of winzip to unzip the file provided. Sorry for the inconvenience this might be causing some people. Confused

EDIT: Ok I've managed to upload a lower copression version of the wizip file via MegaUpload. Hopefully this will resolve some of the issues people have been having. Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GL7GXAHC
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I finaly had time to test out your game this weekend lordroba and I must say it is very impressive. If you continue this into a full length game with a good story line you could easily make lots of money.
lordroba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm glad you like the game Silent Avenger, but I doubt I could make any money with the game (at least with the current graphics). If any money were to be made out of this, I would probably have to change the graphics, because as it stands, 99% of the graphics are ripped from other games. (mostly FF Tactics).
Decadence666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice screenies!! I'm DLing right now. If you can get some new grafixx made you could definatly go far with a game engine like that.
lordroba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here are some screens of some of the stuff I've been working on for the next build.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I now have somewhat of a battle system implemented and a spell/inventory system. I've also added death as you can see in that last screen. Btw, what do you guys think about the water and bridge? I know there not that good, but I started messing around a bit in paint and photoshop so I could get some original graphics into this game. Smile
tkas19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Phantom Gear

hum srry but it doesnt upload on my screen not even the download file program thingy wht do i do
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: