Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Basics and more
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, colour! Smile
Your syntax tags aren't working. I believe the problem is the qutoation marks you're using. You edited that in some text editor, then copy and paste, aye? In the text box where you ordinarily type your messages, replace all the quotation marks. That is, remove the old one and type a new " in.

Also, it seems you have cleaned most of it up, though the For Loops section remains the same.

Lastly, if you are interested in adding to this (or anyone), you can look at the Walkthrough for ideas as to the order to put things in.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Token

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

THANK YOUUUUUUUU!

Jesus! I was trying to get those to work for a half hour, maybe even more! hah well thanks for the help Cervantes (note how it is correctly spelt). I made it all pretty looking now, I think what I'll do is add to it slowly from both that sudgestion thread you mentioned and from what I learn in school (concidering how far ahead I was last year, that wont be a great source). Also if there were tutorials written on the things that I covered, I'm going to link them to the other tutorial so they have a more in depth explaination... all in good time Laughing but I've got a few hours of homework I've been putting off so I'll leave that for another day. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Token wrote:
Also if there were tutorials written on the things that I covered, I'm going to link them to the other tutorial so they have a more in depth explaination... all in good time Laughing

That's good. Those who choose to go with the "runthrough" as opposed to the "walkthrough" may still have difficulty with a particular topic, even if they are okay with the others. For that topic, they could switch over and read the more long-winded explanation. Smile

Oh, and it appears that you forgot a [/syntax] in the "putting to files" section, and the "end if" in the explanation of if structures is horribly off. I hope I'm not annoying you with this attention to detail.
Token

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I fixed that thing with the putting to files, and I'm starting to compile links right now,

Cervantes wrote:
I hope I'm not annoying you with this attention to detail.

Definately not, this way I know what to watch out for next time, that way the next one I write will be better and will take less time to perfect.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: