Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] An Introduction To Java
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
FC7321

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:14 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Introduction To Java

I've just started playing around with Java, but previously, I had been using Turing. I was wondering if there was a way to run Java programs without using cmd/command prompt. In other words, does Java have an editor window like Turing (that allows you to directly run the program just by pressing a 'Run' button)?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:28 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] An Introduction To Java

Dozens. They're commonly known as "Integrated Development Environments", or IDEs. The "integrated" just means that they bring together the editor, compiler, debugger, and other tools for development.

If you want something fairly simple and similar to the Turing interface, try JCreator or DrJava.

Professionals will typically use Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ, but those tools are both way more powerful and way more complex than you need when you're a student.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: