Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 All Bases to All bases
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hez

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:33 pm   Post subject: All Bases to All bases

Gr 11 turing is hell, ecpecially when you toke it in gr 10 with gr 11 engeering Shocked Shocked Shocked

here is the prog i made for midterm which converts bases binary, decimal, hex, and octal to any of the binary, decimal, hex, and octal bases Smile

of course there are rules like error checking and stuff.....
this is probably the most frustrating prog to make....

(as you can see i am not the GUI type lol)

took hard work..... Razz

see attachment....

subprograms easy.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  subprograms easy.t
 Filesize:  16.32 KB
 Downloaded:  453 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
nate

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:44 pm   Post subject: pretty good

its pretty good, but who wan't 2 play it? the conversion is usefull though cause i am doing like conversion from binary, octal or decimal.

But i think it might have some bugs if u enter a large number?
hez

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yep, thats the turing engine itself Razz cause there is a max of how much a string can handle...... other then that you can also spllit it into diffrent varaibles but that is alll i can do Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hez... I dont want to be the one to break the bad news to you... but there is intstr() and strint() that basically do whatever your program does... but works for ANY base you specify.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hez

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

true very true , but this is another way to make your own predefined functions (it was the teacher , don't blame me Smile )
Corpy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man u have it easy, in my grade 9 class its so much more challenging. We have do that as like 4 day home work aasignment and our projects are soo long, it sucks. Crying or Very sad Mad
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, speaking of easy... in my school, final project for grade 11s is VB tic-tac-toe (2 player one only, no AI).. Surprised That is soo pathetic how most of them have no idea what to do... Lol, tic-tac-toe was my first VB program just to familiarize myself with how buttons work and such.

In contrast though, grade 12s (myself, though I'm in grade 11) are doing some kickass database managment applications that school will actually use to maintain student data next year. 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: