Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Give me a reason to stay
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Notoroge wrote:
In v3, ther eshould be a WIKI system implemented for various languages. That way the forums can be left for discussions. Wink

With some restrictions, I hope. We don't need more assholes coming and spamming the wiki claiming we're all nerds. Perhaps a minimum post count for wiki editting permissions?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm sorry I got to this thread so late -- I've been busy and just now have had time to get back to being online regularly.

wtd, as I'm sure you know by now, you're as close as I have to a role model when it comes to computer science. You started my interest in Ruby and Haskell, taught me enough SQL for me to be able to dive into it more fully, and basically have served as my example of what a computer programmer should be like -- innovative, knowledgable, helpful, open-minded, and original. There are just too many people out there who have never displayed an ounce of your originality and wide variety of knowledge, and they never will. I think it's safe to say that, when I get on IRC and join the plethora of programming-related channels I go to (read: idle in), you are the only one who is consistently excited about something new you've learned, some interesting obscure yet useful piece of knowledge.

You're always learning. That's what I want to be like when I grow up. You know, as we discuss on IRC, that I read whichever of your tutorials I get my hands on. I play with them, I learn from them. I'm sorry that I've always taken it for granted that my gratitude for them was implied -- thank you, wtd, for opening mine (and a lot of us here's) eyes about what programming is about.

So, basically, don't leave, wtd. What would any community be without its resident guru?
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks, Hikaru79. Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: