Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Not 100% turing Question
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:09 pm   Post subject: Not 100% turing Question

I have all my pictures in a folder, I want to restrict acess to the folder except by my program. I was thinking an encrypted folder but im not sure how to do that...Any Ideas?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could encrypt that might work, I am not sure it turing could do that, but if you ahve pitcures you really don;t need to, only when you have data files. To get around that ethier switch to a differnet languages like C++ and use .DLL, or just make varibale data bases kinda like XML files but include them into the program so they are complied, also you could jsut write that data files with read / write commands which can't be altered or they ruin the game. There are many solutions on how to do this, try not encrypting them though.

On a more personal note I would write XML/DLL like files which can't be atlered but also, I think turing can read form DLL files so that makes life easy, but also I am good at C++ so I know how to write them. The simple way is to say who cares. this is a turing game and it won't mean anyhting in the long run.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: