Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 ads,ads,ads
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Asok

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
ok, i know whats going on now. the 1st time you come to the site you will get about 2 popups. BUT after that you will not get any more pop-ups intill your coke file expisers. so it is not acoualy that many pop-ups.

I'm running into linker pop-ups, where it's 2 initially then when you close them another will pop up too.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused Well I got firewall with pop-up blocking capabilities (ZoneAlarm Pro)

but I did test the popups out and I got just two... and just the first time
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nate

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:30 pm   Post subject: Atleast 2 also

Every time i load this page for the first time i get 2. Its annoyin but what ever it just a simple matter of closing them. Give the admins a break. ****YOUR NOT THE ONE PAYING**** so there are a few ads but who cares the site is still awsome!

-Nate
octopi

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
****YOUR NOT THE ONE PAYING****

thats not entirely true... (most isp's have really low bandwidth limitations.)

but yeah, I am all for ads. I think they are a good thing, but it would be better if they were just cpm and not the popups.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So dont clear your cookies and you wouldnt get new popups...

I think you get popups only as often as you login... Unless you access it from school that doesnt keep cookies or something... Confused

But hey, if this will keep the site up (and allow for more content), why not, right?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you ever noticed the bestest sites of all time always have ads... yahoo lycos msn ...
Asok

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have to say, the banner is unnoticable since I never scroll down that far anyways so that was a GREAT idea, *bows to Dan*.

The popup is annoying but doesn't really matter because it's only once every 30 mins (clearing cookies resets the timer)

If the extra income allows us to get unlimited bandwidth then this was an incredible investment.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, the more thought i put into.. the better it gets.... i'm with asok.... heh ppl change...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmmmmm..... i only get one pop up and it's when i come to compsci the firsttime....
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, thats the way it should be... since it sets a cookie (mmm... cookies) to not show up again.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think that the pop-up problem has be sloved with new smaller crpayer ads that no one will relay see Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think I got a popup Confused might be my imagination though, or a delayed one from another website...
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hummm, if any one gets a pop-upp plz post becuse i have not goten any and whode like to know if they are trying to srew us over here.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Asok

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I havent gotten any. Assume that if you get one it's probably from another source ie. other site or Kazaa etc.
ZeroKelvin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think i got one too but im not sure Confused ????????? Confused
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: