Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ninjas or Pirates?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Ninjas or Pirates?
(No ending time set)
Ninjas
69%
 69%  [ 50 ]
Pirates
30%
 30%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 72

wtd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Ninjas have more style in their fighting way more... (i think). Fast = cool.

Being a pirate isn't just about fighting. Sure, they fight passionately, but they love and live passionately too. Ninjas don't get that. They're hopeless.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

two words: ninja turtles Dance
md

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
Ninjas are sneaky and fight dirty.

Pirates don't shower Confused

Neither do CS students... coincidence? I think so!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
two words: ninja turtles Dance

I thought you were for ninjas, tony? Why disgrace ninjas everywhere by reminding everyone about the ninja turtles?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey actually those trutles are cool.. gee.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
hey actually those trutles are cool.. gee.

Heh... talk to my friends about a sewer downtown and what they're doing after exams if you want to know their opinion on TMNT. Razz
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ninja > Pirates because ninjas don't suffer from scurvy.

I mean how cool is it to have rotting gums? See, even IF ninjas suffered from scurvy, they'd still have the masks to hide those hideous gums. Therefore, Ninja > Pirates.

I read a webcomic, I think it's CounterCulture, here's the part with Ninja and Pirates, it's rather funny:

http://counterculture.infinite-comics.com/oldsite/index.php?comic=29

Read the next 4 pages.
md

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pfft... only cheap pirates who used to be ninja's suffer from scurvy; the rest of us pirates have great... well... moderatly good teeth Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:

I mean how cool is it to have rotting gums? See, even IF ninjas suffered from scurvy, they'd still have the masks to hide those hideous gums. Therefore, Ninja > Pirates.

It's all about the intimidation factor.
md

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
AsianSensation wrote:

It's all about the intimidation factor.

Yeah I mean, what's more intimidating? A fool in a dress with a slender sword? Or a Guy with raggy, hand made clothes that may, or may not, match; with a freaking huge axe, or a cutlass and pistoles; or better yet... a maul Very Happy Until you've had someone chase after you with a 20kg maul, swinging it around like it weighted nothing... there's really nothign scarier then that Razz
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i agree pirates are cool (and scurvy only effect those who wont eat limes :d) but a ninja will pwn a pirate neday. night would be better but hey, one swing of the katana and the pirate will be standing in his Long John silvers Razz
md

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno about that... pirates have boats... with cannon... now I don't knwo about your ningas, but the ones I've met don't have boats, nor do they have any defnece/understanding of cannon Very Happy
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no but we can walk on water.. soo. yea... as for ur boats.. man do i need to repeat my self: Sea Dragon no jutsu.. or something to that effect.. ur pwned.. pfft.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

and then the ninjas can also quietly slip something into the cannon and block the end when the pirates are trying to shut their parrots up about crackers, and that will turn the cannon into one big pipebomb! Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I've got a way to either help settle this debate, or help push it to a point where we'll lose interest before ever coming near any kind of agreement on this.

Let's examine the visual coolness factor of our fantastic friends, shall we?
Go find a cool picture of a [ninja/pirate] and post it here.
Just a few things first:
- It can't be helped, I know alot of ninja fans are also anime fans (I'll be damned if you can find a picture of a ninja IRL), so I'd like to limit this to one ninja pic per anime (we don't need five hundred fucking pictures of Kakashi and Sasuke and Naruto and Jiraiya an..)
- one pic per user
- one pic per [ninja/pirate]. If you find a picture (of the SAME [ninja/pirate] in your original post) that you think is cooler, you can edit the post and change the picture.
- be bandwidth conscious. If the picture you find is HUGE, post a link instead of using the img tags, because otherwise two things are happening:
1) You're slowly leeching the bandwidth of the host
2) You're slowly killing the viewers bandwidth. I'm sure some peeps are still on dialup, but aside from that I've got a huge hard drive to fill and every precious second of downloading counts Wink

I think that's it for rules, let's go crazy.

I nominate my new buddy, Kurogane:
EDIT: Well crap, looks like these guys don't enjoy remote linking ^^
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I've got four words for you: P. I. M. P.! Wink
As an added bonus, it would seem he can summon a dragon which can turn into a big sword. *glee*
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 15  [ 220 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: