Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 iTunes and .ogg?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:23 pm   Post subject: iTunes and .ogg?

I needed Quicktime, so I was also forced into downloading iTunes. Okay, since I spent all the time downloading it, I'd like to try it out. But I've got my music as .ogg. Is there an iTunes codec for this anywhere?
Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.neilturner.me.uk/2003/Oct/19/ogg_vorbis_in_itunes.html

It's a start. Google is your friend.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the link wtd. Unfortunately, that CPU -> 100% for 10-15 seconds doesn't appeal. I'll stick with dbPowerAmp. Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

iTunes for Windows is buggy as hell. Don't use it.
1of42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

True dat. *>iTunes
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

It is? How so... Iv been using it for so long I haven't seen had any bugs :S (yet at least...)
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

How do you figure?

In my somewhat educated estimation, and that of many others, it's one of the finest apps ever written for Windows.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1. The player window (the off green thing with the song info) often doesn't update.

2. The GUI is inconsistant with Windows. Try, for example, selecting and unselecting songs using the shift key. Or dragging and selecting a group of songs.

3. Absolutely abysmal cd ripping.

4. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it won't let you minimize it.

5. Uses a rediculous amount of ram. 40+ mb.

6. Ugly, or at least inconsistant to the GUI. If I wanted my app to be skinned, I would have changed my theme, now wouldn't I?

The choices for media players on Windows is pretty slim. The best flashy one I think is Windows Media Player 10, although that'll bring a lot of systems to a crawl sometimes. My personal favourite Windows player is foobar.

EDIT: Check out my awesomly tedious english. I'm a tired CS student, I have an excuse.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WMP isn't bad so long as you have a decent amount of ram... actually windows it self isn't bad so long as you have a decent amount of ram...

On my computer WMP only uses abut 10mb of ram, whereas firefox uses 30-40, and my x-server uses ~20
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: