Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A Guide to Ruby IDE's
Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bored wrote:
I downloded Ruby the other day and it came with freeRIDE and SciTE Editor. I tried both and can't figure out how to configure either to run my programs. The SciTE settings files confuze me and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the freeRIDE to run code when I click run. It just out puts
code:
>ruby C:\My Documents\Daniel\Ruby Programs\start.rb
>exit
and in the MS DOS-Promt it outputs
code:
Cannot find file 'CMD' <or one of it's components>. Check to ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

It's not that big of a deal because I can always just save the file and run it manually but it would be nice if I could set up either of these programs to run the code when I click run.[/code]

The FreeRIDE problem is easily remedied Smile Go to Preferences and there should be an option there called something like "Run programs in console" or something along those lines. Make sure it is checked. Then you should have no more problems Smile Enjoy Ruby!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: