Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Whats up? (A news update)
Index -> Network News
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: Whats up? (A news update)

I thougth it was about time to update the news section with a post. As some of you may have been noticing the site was falling aprt for a bit there but all is not lost and the site is not going to be going away any time soon.

Also as you may have seen we now have a new Ruby section witch is mostly do to our new ruby mod wtd who has put alot of work in making turoals for this for some time now. (much thanks to you wtd and the other admins/super mods for seting up the section).

Now some v3 talk, as many of the ushal user here know v3 was sposted to have been done 1 year ago and we still have not seen anything form it. But i have not given up on it and nether has our staff. There still plans for v3 system of some kind and some code has been wrtien tho far from done. Persoanly i have not been able to work on my conspect for v3 for a some time due to school and other factors and as you may have noticed have been missing from the site for a bit. Tho i have not ran away for good i am going in to my uni exams in a few weeks witch means i am going to be gone for a bit longer but i get a few months off school start on apiral 21st witch i plan on using partly to put alot of work in to this site and get it back on track. Intill then i am leaving the site in the hands of the rest of the staff witch have been doing a gr8 job so far.

Hopffuly every one will be able to bear throw the bugs and glicts for a bit well we fix everything up and get this site going again, compsci.ca is not dead yet and i will do everything in my power to make shure it stays that way.

Another nother subject i whould ask that peoleop stop E-mail there questions and rather post them on the site. this way it helps other who have the same question and other can awswer it. you will get more awasers and faster if you do it this way. (This also gose for PMing me and other staff). Also i am deftaly not going to awser qeustions about how to do poteantly illgieal ataticeys online witch i have been geting asked alot reacatly.

--Hacker Dan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also, I changed the order of the forums a bit. All of the programming stuff is now alphabetized.

...as if you couldn't figure that out on your own.

Cheers.
md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

PM's are great for arranging things between friends, as is e-mail; but one of the purposes of forums are to share answers to problems (and sometimes just problems), so that everyone can benifit from the answers.

I may not have been here very long, nor have i contributed nearly as much as some of the other members here, but it's certainly a great forum for those learning how to program, and who are genuinly interested in continuing with computer science in the future. I hope to see compsci.ca continue to be the success it is, and perhaps grow bigger Smile

Congrats to Dan, and to everyone else who continue to make compsci.ca the best website for computer science students in canada.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
Also, I changed the order of the forums a bit. All of the programming stuff is now alphabetized.

According to the Latin alphabet maybe... Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, I think I did a pretty good job. I left the General forum at the top, and the Graphics/Other forums at the bottom intentionally.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I like the new order Smile Martin actually did something right this time. Wow.

Heh, I'm just kidding, good job.

And yeah -- v3 is on the way.. time and resources permitting. We'll take donations from all major credit cards. We do not accept fruits.
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whats with this new style?
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

New style? Everything looks the same to me. You might be experiencing one of the side effects of Malwarlaria.B virus. Perhaps you should consult your doctor?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The apple layout.... -.- (theme)
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wink
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
The apple layout.... -.- (theme)

Whoosh!

The sound of a joke going right over someone's head.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whatever happened to the Apple layout. I mean, i was on compsci in the mornin, and it was normal, later on that day, it changed to apple, then it changed back. I personally like this one better... more homey... umm yeah, just wonderin Confused
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

april's fool?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, and I didn't even get to see it Sad
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh april fools.. it was still pretty cool tho. multi
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: