Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 05
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Today's the big day! Contest will be written in about 5 hours for me...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just wrote the Junor one today... saddly, I didn't do anywhere as well as I should have, or thought I would have.

Of the 5 questions, I only got the first three... However, I did them about 15 minutes each, and got them all. So there I was, opend to number four... and spent about 2 hours on the thing. I have no idea why it took so long... well, yes I do. I coded it poorly, made two checking systems at once without knowing it, and couldn't seperate them easily without more errors cropping up.

Oh well.
azndragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just wrote the senior one. Is it just me, or is it insanely easy this year? Question 1 was simple if statements and string manipulation, 2 was simple if statements (I made a simple game using the same concepts), question 3 was the only one I couldn't do. Not too sure if my method for question 4 is correct, but it worked for a few test cases I made up, and question 5 was pretty easy as well. Hope I do well, but can't get my hopes too high Razz
nate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wrote senoir 2day as well. I got all 5 questions for the test cases they showed so who knows how well i did. But i agree the questions were easy the top 20 people will probably all have 75 points.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

deleted
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

May we start posting solutions? Or is there a minimum waiting time before we can start discussing the contest in detail, like there is for a lot of math contests?

I'm interested in seeing a lot of the solutions for some of these.. Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please wait until the end of the week. Some schools have not yet written the contest due to snow conditions.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all i can saw is: i probably failed soooo bad. i ont work that well under pressure with time limit lol spacially for programming
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Please wait until the end of the week. Some schools have not yet written the contest due to snow conditions.

good point
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

trust me, question 5 is not as easy as you think.

I helped marked the whole contest afterward with Mr.Mckenzie, and trust me. Question 5 is probably the hardest question on that contest to get full marks on.

4 was pretty hard, but if you know the algorithm, you are all set.
3 was actually pretty easy if you didn't get jumbled up.
2 was easy.
1 was easy.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:

3 was actually pretty easy if you didn't get jumbled up.

When Friday rolls along, I really wanna see question 3... I didn't even understand what it was asking. ******** were an entirely new concept to me, and trying to learn it from scratch from their vague instructions was too much for me Sad

I think I did well on every question *besides* that one though, so it's still OK... but I am still curious about #3.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, just to let you guys know, the highest from our school is 46. It wasn't as easy as some people thought it were.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well as in below 30?... we all generally did prety bad... my number three was supposed to work perfectly.. but it messed up... wtf.....
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what do you guys think the cut off for stage two will be this year?? high 40s again?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
yeah, just to let you guys know, the highest from our school is 46. It wasn't as easy as some people thought it were.

We finished marking all of them?
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 8  [ 114 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: