Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing 4.1
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bskll wrote:
the link isn't working!!

Do u even go to Thomson highschool? lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bskll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i go to another TDSB high school(North Toronto) and they are teaching grade 10 com sci with turing, but our teacher is working out the kinks with the person who keeps track of the license and now i have to do my comsci hw at shool which is a hassle. I'm not specifically trying to invade copyright and steal money, its just that i can't wait that long for my copy of Turing from my teacher.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah ic, but with a disrobution linces u still need to get the right verson from your school. If u realy realy need it there my be a link to an UPGRADE for turing that legaly u need to all ready have turing 4.0.4 for but there is nothing stoping some one from lets say dling and instaing it even if they do not have it. Athougth of corse i do not endorse such actions but am just saying that hte 4.0.5 upgreaded dose nor serach for 4.0.4 to instal and just needs it for leagal reasons. So if u have turing 4.0.4 u could go look for that link and download it....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Bskll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my school has 4.0.1 just like thompson.

its just that its a pain in the ass* for me to do my comsci hw at school and if anyone is willing to help out, PM Please.

http://ntci.on.ca/~compsci/

the department used to be headed by someone called hefferman, but now he's gone for the year, Mr. Small has a bit of a problem with the license.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

look in the ahem... Idea N Idea E Idea W Idea S Idea Idea S Idea E Idea C Idea T Idea I Idea O Idea N
miracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Bskll wrote:
my school has 4.0.1 just like thompson.

its just that its a pain in the ass* for me to do my comsci hw at school and if anyone is willing to help out, PM Please.

http://ntci.on.ca/~compsci/

the department used to be headed by someone called hefferman, but now he's gone for the year, Mr. Small has a bit of a problem with the license.

i am in some what a similar case... except that i usually finish my program at school, but now i am at home, and probably 200 km away from my school... someone help ~_~
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

miracle wrote:

i am in some what a similar case... except that i usually finish my program at school, but now i am at home, and probably 200 km away from my school... someone help ~_~

Sigh, i don't think it is posable to drop any more hints in this topic with out just out right saying where you can download turing. No one can directly give you turing on this site b/c it whould mean that we could be sued for disturbing copy righted materals. Tho illegal verson (copys) of turing do exits and are out there.....

Any how this topic gave me an idea, how likey whould we to be sued if we made an online turing editior and excuiter? If we did not even thouch the turing code but made our own progaming lang with an online editor that had the excat same comands and sintext?
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Problem with that idea, Dan is that you don't know exactly how Turing is supposed to behave since there isn't an open standard.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ture, but we know it used to just covert the turing code in to C++ and then complie it with the C++ complier. And the ideas is not to remake truing 100s but to make somting for students who dont have turing at home but need to test there code for home work. It whould not need to be 100% just enougth to get the right idea. Eeven if we could just replicate the non graficks part it whould still be better then nothing for them.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only thing I'd be worried about is getting things wrong. Student tests his or her code sing this tool, and it works, then takes it to school and it doesn't. "But it worked in the unofficial online Turing simulator!" isn't going to engender much sympathy. Smile

Better to write an open-source implementation of a Turing-like language and distribute it freely as a standalone application.

Though, I should mention that I think the ideal solution for those who don't have access to Turing at home is to learn another simple programming language that is freely available. The concepts will almost certainly be (nearly) the same, and some languages will even employ similar syntax.

The makers of Dev-C++, for instance, also make Dev-Pascal, which is free. Seeing as Turing was derived from Pascal, learning it might help Turing programmers.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

True it whould be better for them in the long run but i mean just to make it so poleop will stop aksing this question. And hostly i realy do not whont another week lang floating around the net that poleop will be comapling about.

I think that an unoffical turing simulator whould be better then nothing for them. And even if they knew another lang pefictealy it is still nice to have a way of debuging code since bugs and typeos just seem to hapen unless you are extreamly carefull.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is there a Turing grammar around anywhere?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only officeal docs from holth whould be the turing doc that is bulit in to turing wtich is more of a refecrence then a help of any kind. And the books that holth sells witch are more of a print out of the turing help.
vicky_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:36 pm   Post subject: Link doesn't Work

Link doesn't Work?
Flikerator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Link doesn't Work

vicky_8 wrote:
Link doesn't Work?

Look at the time. Oct 2004!

That was a LOOOONG time ago...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 81 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: