Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing 4.1
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bwahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr.... now i feel like a super duper dexter genius =Þ...
i have *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*
and the internetconnection... well i'd have to pay for it anyways
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive got 3ds max but havent got around to getting pshop
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i whould not say such things on a forum where any one can see it. i know tom west (turing nazi [guy who yells at poleop with illigal copy of turing]) looks at the fourms and he will go far enogth as to call you up and say they may have to sue you. turst me i know Evil or Very Mad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i never said i didnt pay for them, i did "pay" for them
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

=O i'd better delete the posts Very Happy
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah it tookl me alot of money to "buy" pshop, 3ds, and maya 4.5 unlimited Smile
who is this tom west neways, and who is he to bitch at others for dling illegal turing?
Asok

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea Tom West called me and I was like "Yo dawg what's up?" he's like "did u pay for turing?" so said "what are you, the RCMP?" and then I hung up.

(for those of you who are too slow to depict fact from fiction, Tom West didn't actually call me)
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but Tom DID call Dan up... For real... he must have been bored...

If I know Tom, I'd say he sit there at home, and searches the web for people who didnt pay for turing... then calls their parents Confused

Seriosly though, if you expect a shitty program to pay up $80 a piece, he should have considered the fact that if files are copied on to a floppy... the program still works Shocked
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony, that was pretty low. Turing is not a bad programming language, in fact, in my opinion it is a really good programming language. I know it's not fast in the least and that it doesn't use your hardware, minus your processor but it does have a number of high points. Simplicity
turing:
code:
put "hello"

c:
code:
#include <iostream>
int main()
{
   cout << "hello\n";
   return 0;
}

The editor is beautiful, compared with c's (just a notepad file). I'm sure you'd argue that Microsoft Visual C++'s editor looks way better, and so does Visual Basic's, but Visual Studio costs $1000 US.
Turing's help-files are amazing (for the most part). Turing allows a way for people who might otherwise be intimidated by c++'s syntax and visual basic's interface to try programming without having to worried about getting overwhelmed. And this lack of speed, if anything, teaches efficency.
As a final point, in the end Turing is Tom West's creation, and I really don't think that charging $80 for a copy of it is unreasonable at all. In the end, stealing is stealing. I don't care that 3ds max costs $5000, it's discreet's software and they can do with it what they will.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well yes, turing does have simplicity. Thats about it...

I'm just saying that in comparence with that else you can get for $80... Turing is expencive.

As for the help file, just one word - MSDN 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

$7000 for a graphics app Shocked Shocked ... good thing i aint goin into graphics Confused
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can download any program u want off the net no matter what the price...
and turing...i'd say it's simplicity is what makes it suck.. cuz the more simple it is the less the functionality and the capabilities become...
Holy shit i gotto a lotto spelling mistakes in this one Shocked
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah... with the way internet works today, you can get lots of stuff... Matrix Reloaded was available through net (I saw posts some place) weeks before its releace date in theaters Shocked

hey, if something is stored on a computer with internet access, someone can get to it 8)
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have heard if you throw handfulls of peanuts at developers they will give you copies of their programs for free

as for the turing language... turing is actually a very very good language for just learning programming... it has all the main concepts and very easy syntax.. so then when you go to learn something like c++ or whatever, all you must do is learn the new syntax
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 6  [ 81 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: