Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bandwidth Problem
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

15 bucks a month is pretty cool... if these ppl here really like the forums, they'd prolly help us get the host... i would Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well I'm sure we *can* set up a donation system via paypal and via mail due to the fact that we're all in Canada.
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

can't we just get rid of the previous threads:?:
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that would save "space" which we have tons of. Well 200Mbs to be exact, but the forum with all the posts and files attached takes up just 20.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
element

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how bout making a public Yahoo! Briefcase for future uploads? Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thx for your sujestions guys - that really means a lot to us... (well me atleast). But the problem lies in PHP files, not user submitions. Last month we got... I donno, I think it was 25,000+ page requests. And that piles up. Taking an 80K PHP file as an example, that already generates 2,000 MB of traffic.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poppa

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Tony, I can get you unlimited bandwidth and like a gig of storage for 15 bucks canadian a month

Darkness What web host has that price? I am curious. I believe that they best way to deal with this bandwidth problem is to just upgrade or find someone who will host you for free inexchange for maybe a banner. Why don't you guys try http://sourceforge.net/ for hosting yor itty bitty files?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the problem with the free host is that they ushley have even less banwith and those adds can relay piss you off. we curntley have a few ideas on what to do.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm not sure if this is useful but it says unlimited bandwidth =/
http://www.lowesthosting.com/
http://www.hostdesigns.com/hosting.html
Martin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nah, my friend has a server in California...OC3 and 20 gig hard drive and all
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bandwidth issue update

Well the first week has passed since the site got openned again so we have a somewhat accurate info to work with. In 7 days we used up ~700MBs of traffic. Thats 100MB a day * 30 days = 3,000 MBs.

Shocked OhOh. Might run into a problem again at the end of the month depending on site load. Just though I'd let you know.
Delta

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh shat not again! I need compsci and my children need wine!
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

how much bandwidth do u get per month
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well last moth we used like 2920 mb but that was becuse we closed the site befor it hit 3000 mb. our max is 3000 mb right now but i may upgrade to 6000 mb.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how much does it cost if you go over the limit?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 34 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: