Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programmer's Dream - working for Blizzard
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:24 pm   Post subject: Programmer's Dream - working for Blizzard

I donno about you guys, but my dream job would defenatly be a game programmer for Blizzard. And crap, if only I had my degree already I'll apply there right now... especially since the position just opened Wink

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/bn-programmer.shtml

It is still interesting to look at requirements and adjust your goals. Take a look if you're into game programming.

Also I think they're hinting on the fact that their next project would be an RPG. Diablo III I assume since job is posted by Blizzard North (creators of Diablo series..) Or perhaps a brand new RPG... even better Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unfortunately nobody here has experience with othe rcompanies, so somone else would almost be guarenteed the job Razz

Quote:
is looking for an experienced, talented Game Programmer
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why blizzard? Wink
there are other good gaming companies out there as well
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, never, its Blizzard or no deal! Evil or Very Mad

hehehe... I'd prefer to work for Blizzard then any other company. And thats final.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
no, never, its Blizzard or no deal! Evil or Very Mad

hehehe... I'd prefer to work for Blizzard then any other company. And thats final.

why? not saying blizzard is bad but i just whont to know why you like them so much.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
octopi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Have you seen there games?!!?!?!?

Starcraft forever! muaahahhaha
(Starcraft rocks!!!)
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You get to work on some awesome games. The overall quality of Blizzard games is amazing and they're very well balanced in 1.0 release, so you dont have to wait for a patch to actually be able to play the game.

They have a very nice working environment and just the company's reputation alone... Say you're working for Blizzard - you look cool right away. Say you work for M$... well... you might get your ass kicked just for that.
jamez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Let's not forget how Blizzard let's there online games get h4x3d to shit (IE: DIABLO II, the economy IS FUCKED)

Also, if I were to work at Blizzard the first thing I would do is find out what messages the cows are mooing. its gota be some brainwashing shit that keeps people playing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

programing...BWAHAHAHAHA...
with my the marks i get i doubt i'd even get to college =/.I'm prolly gonna join the army or police... =(
But yeah blizard games are cool... I suck at starcraft but warcraft III is good =)
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the only reason Diablo II economy is screwed up is because of all the hackers who dupe stuff (make copies). I hope that would not be an issue with WoW when that comes out.

MOD Edit: Spelling. -Asok
jamez

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yah i know its cause of the hackers Sad

if you think the east realm is bad you shoudl see west/euro...

on west there are small charms with 90str/dex/vit :/
JSBN

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

In my Electronic gaming monthly, i recently saw a stat that said the economy of Everquest, is slightly less than that of Russia.... Laughing
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: