Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 flash,graphics,3d,php, etc....
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

how many think we should add those forums?
(No ending time set)
yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
it did use up all 3GBs... and I donno about lottery... on that one show me and my friend grabbed a stack of scrach cards and didnt win anything... then agian it was promotional so I dont think it was possible to win anyway. But yet, we need to invest even more in the site to keep it at its current level Confused

this better not mean dan has to get a job Evil or Very Mad , lol
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well idealy we should get paid for compsci.ca... but since none of the users are capable of buying anything and ads (even if we will manage to find someone) dont pay much Confused

*opens up the newspaper to classified page and throughs it to Dan
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

one way to reduce bandwidth.... use ONLY this server for forums, because running scripts wont take very much bw... then use your old server (which is dans... isnt it?) for bigger files, like attaching turing files and such.. if you can still do that.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

why dont u try another host that gives unlimited bandwith?
question : how much you pay for this site right now?
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well this host is dirt cheap and we pay just $12 a year for hosting... Unlimited bandwidth starts at... I donno... my guess would be at least same amout per month Shocked

Blade has a good idea though, try to split server loads. Its just that both myself and Dan have Sympatico Highspeed which has a bandwidth limit of its own.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

blade has high speed ultra... pays too much for what he gets... his friends who live in lil town of alymer have super cable... max = 500 kbps, with no monthly/yearly bandwidth
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: