Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Applying to University
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's not about the money. Being a prof, I will have a salary that's more than enough to live with, but my real motivation is the lifestyle. Being a prof ensures that you are around some of the brightest people out there for your entire life.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
Being a prof ensures that you are around some of the brightest people out there for your entire life.

As well as not so bright people if you end up teaching a first year course.. but what you do is just not allow any questions to be asked and you're set Wink

Being a prof does sound appealing, but I think I'll be setting out a different career path for myself. Something along the lines of PEng + MBA
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PEng? whats that
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PEng: Professional Engineer

It's when I get certified to do what I do Wink
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wait.. there are non professional engineers?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just as there are non professional doctors who practice without a lisence Wink But you wouldn't want one of those operating on you Laughing
Pickles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:06 am   Post subject: ...

Well if you dont have your PEng, if my understanding is correct, you just cant sign off on things. Like a P.Eng is able to sign off on things saying they have looked over it and it follows all of the standards and such.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am   Post subject: Re: ...

Pickles wrote:
Well if you dont have your PEng, if my understanding is correct, you just cant sign off on things.

if you don't have PEng, nobody would care if you sing anything or not. You simply don't have the qualification to make the judgement call. That's why PEngs make 6 figures /year - companies need to make sure things actually work. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i always thought it was obvious that every engineer graduating should do the PEng. specially if its engineering they want to do for a living.
mapleleafs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was wondering what kind of post secondary education you should pursue(and where) if you're interested in software engineering for games. I know that there are at least 2 game studying campuses: Digipen( in washington ), and full sail ( in florida ) but these places are a bit out of the question, cause i live in toronto.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dude, its "go leafs go".....
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mapleleafs wrote:
out of the question, cause i live in toronto.

well if you got to live in Toronto, and I'm assuming that the university has to be easily accessable by public transit... UofT is the place to be.

Though I personally suggest trying to go else where. In anything, just for the sake of not living at home.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 42 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: