Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 M$ = Devil ... Linux = Cool Penguin!
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

is this off topic?
(No ending time set)
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

w00t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:15 am   Post subject: M$ = Devil ... Linux = Cool Penguin!

I'd like to point out the painfully obvious observation which have just come across at 00:04:52 on Tuesday December 21st in the year of our lord 2004. MICROSOFT IS EVIL , GO LINUX ...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this is more spam than i have ever seen ... even when this WAS the spam section ... sorry, but this is not the best time to be making post just "to waste your time".
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Alot of times I think people switch to Linux for the wrong reasons. And I often wonder how long they last before going back.
w00t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I use M$ personally but i like linux more, iu se to have it , but then i gota new computer and didn't feel like switching OS. so bah!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Alot of times I think people switch to Linux for the wrong reasons.

What are the wrong reasons that you are referring to?
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i like the redhat version of linux has nice screen savers he he he its also a more user friendly ... more apealing to the eyes... and its open source

-edit- me n' cerv posted at the same time lol
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Coutsos wrote:
Alot of times I think people switch to Linux for the wrong reasons.

What are the wrong reasons that you are referring to?

I think I know what he's talking about. There's lots of people that switch just so that they can be all 'l33t h4x0rz' and not for any real desire to understand their computer or explore something new. Invariably, those people will leave after a few days because they realize that they may actually have to learn something. That, and their precious games actually require some work to get up and running now =/
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty much. Especially the games part. But I was thinking mostly about those who (like w00t) say they switch because Microsoft is evil, or because Linux is a free download. Let's be honest, did you actually pay for your copy of Windows (it doesn't count if it came with your computer). If you had no experience with computers, I doubt you'd choose Linux over Windows because of the cost.
Something I hear alot about Linux is "it's free as in free speech, not as in free beer."

Personally, I use Linux because of the better degree of customization and the habits it gets me into. I've never found a Linux program (with the exception of the window manager) that wasn't available for other platforms, even Windows. And I can't say the same for Windows programs. While I realise that not everything is like that I still like to make everything cross platform.

Another nice thing is all the live cd distros, really great for recovering files from dying hard drives.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: