Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Engineering
Index -> Student Life
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: Engineering

Anyone in any university engineering programs? Looking for some general thoughts and comments, since I'm very undecided and time is catching up with me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well everybody knows that I'm in Mechatronics Engineering. 8)

Some thoughts - there are a lot of different engineering programs. So pick a secondary area of interest that you like and combine the two.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Come to math at Waterloo...you know you want to.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Come to Lakehead......it is just as good and there are aucatl females and noraml poleop here :p
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

On the other side of things, MIT has a pretty nice engineering department...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Come to Lakehead......it is just as good and there are aucatl females and noraml poleop here :p

[mod:340c21a17a="hacker dan"]
I whould normal let that one go tony and debate u but u pushed it to far for a public fourm. What u side was ether unfactual or whould just hurt me in my persoanl life, so i think we are best not seeing it.
[/mod:340c21a17a]
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Waterloo. Math. Need I say more?
Acid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The program I'm in is called "Wireless Telecommunications Engineering Technology." We do lots of engineering stuff.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Adminty Lakehead is in the midel of no where, but that does not relflect the quelatity of education that it has. Ture the admision avg is lower then the progames at u of w (tho it is a hell of alot higher then the avg u side tony) but this is b/c lakehead blives that u should see poleop not numbers, what is the point of going to univierity if u all ready know everyhing u are going to learn there? Also u can not comaper u of w and lakehead direcertly in way u guys love to do b/c they are not the same kind of univierity, lakehead is an undergated based univiisty while u of w is compershive. This means that Lakehead will never get the repuatuion of u of w simple b/c they offer very few if any phd or masters progames but rather focuse soley on undergraduate progames. If i was going for a phd or masters at lakehead then u whould be right in your jugements but i am not. I plan on chaging unis if i whont to go for higher then a batchalers.

But b/c lakehead dose not do many graduate progames at all, this means they foucs there recosres in to the undergrade rather the graduate progames witch get u the good rep. Also due to lakeheads realtivey small size it makes for a difrent kind of excipence, my clases are no bigger and some times smaller then the ones i had in high shcool and every one is on first name basies with the prof that teaches them. Also this makes for a very frendely comunity at lakehead witch is nice when living in rez.

Also i whould say that lakehead tends to put more effort in to taking care of there students then alot of the biger unis out there witch are just looking for profits and maxizing there stats. in adtion for undergatuate education, all the unis in canada are about the same unless they do not have the progame or there is somting very wrong. So u should go more where u are happy then the uni that says or others say is the best.

P.S. i am offected by your post tony, it immpley that i coudl not get in to any other uni witch is untrue. i applyed to every uni in ont that had compsci (witch cost alot) and got acpedcted to all of them with scoalr ships excepted for one witch i was not acpected to for unstated reasons that do not have to do with my avg. Also the fact that u whould bring up some persoanl maters that i intursted u to kepe quite about hurts a bit
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't remember what I posted... am really wired on caffene, lack of sleep, stress... 22 hours 50 minutes untill the my final project is due, still have a lot to complete Confused

yeah, sorry... Dan did get into 17/18 universities. Waterloo just lost his application.

And I enjoy making fun of lakehead, so anything I say about it is biast. Sorry Dan Razz
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you think you can handle it, Engineering Science @ UofT is an excellent program that will give you a broad knowledge of engineering. It is, however, one of the most difficult courses in the Canada, perhaps the world.
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: la la la

If i go to Lakehead, will you protect me from the bears Dan Wink

Yep the time is soon upon us to apply, I myself am applying to Mcmaster, Waterloo, and Western for Civil Engineering. Although it will be close for Waterloo, im confident in Mcmaster. and even if i do get into waterloo, it'll be a hard choice between it and Mac i think. But thats just me personally..

And Dan, applied to 18.. silly guy
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: Re: la la la

Pickles wrote:
If i go to Lakehead, will you protect me from the bears Dan

You don't have to be able to run faster then the bear, just faster then the slowesed guy Wink

Tho bears are not the bigest issues here, last night it was -19C and acoding to poleop who are in 3rd year here it gets down to -40. Makes runing to class all the more fun :p
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, wear a hawaiian shirt. It'll keep you warm. ill testify to that
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pickles wrote:
heh, wear a hawaiian shirt. It'll keep you warm. ill testify to that

Ok, now u are just scraing me....go to u of w Twisted Evil
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: