Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C, C++ and Assembly tutorials
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea wtd i need ur help.

This chapter will introduce you to the basic concepts of object-oriented programming (OOP), including an overview of OOP development methods. This chapter, and this book, assume that you have had experience in a procedural programming language, although not necessarily C. If you think you need more preparation in programming and the syntax of C before tackling this book, you should work through the "Thinking in C: Foundations for C++ and Java" training CD ROM, bound in with this book and also available at www.BruceEckel.com.

according to that it says and assumes i know some syntax and others which i dont know anything. Should i continue with the book or continue with the book that mentioned above??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you know nothing yet, I suggest starting with a language other than C++. It's the least frustrating of the three you mentioned, but still synactically, and semantically incredibly complex.

Things you should understand:

• Includes
  • Basic input and output
  • Variables
  • Constants
  • Conditionals
  • Loops
  • Functions
  • Arrays
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
If you know nothing yet, I suggest starting with a language other than C++. It's the least frustrating of the three you mentioned, but still synactically, and semantically incredibly complex.

• Includes
  • Basic input and output
  • Variables
  • Constants
  • Conditionals
  • Loops
  • Functions
  • Arrays

ok u have to work with me man.. what is the best easy language to learn then C++?? I know not a thing in anything.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dsantamassino wrote:
wtd wrote:

• Includes
  • Basic input and output
  • Variables
  • Constants
  • Conditionals
  • Loops
  • Functions
  • Arrays

ok u have to work with me man.. what is the best easy language to learn then C++?? I know not a thing in anything.

Go with Ruby or Python. Both are easy to install, and easy to learn. Plus they'll help you learn all of these concepts by reducing the syntactic overhead.
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
dsantamassino wrote:
wtd wrote:

• Includes
  • Basic input and output
  • Variables
  • Constants
  • Conditionals
  • Loops
  • Functions
  • Arrays

Go with Ruby or Python. Both are easy to install, and easy to learn. Plus they'll help you learn all of these concepts by reducing the syntactic overhead.

alright a few questions for u because most likely ur going to help me if i get stuck. which one r u most familar with Ruby or Python?? Is there any free books on either one ur familar with?? A book similar to one u gave me on C++..

edit: where do i download the one ur familar with??
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For the depth to which you'd be getting into either language, I know them equally well. Smile

I can do fancier stuff in Ruby, though.
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
For the depth to which you'd be getting into either language, I know them equally well. Smile

I can do fancier stuff in Ruby, though.

alright i go with Ruby. where do i get books from or r u going to walk me through it?? where do i download Ruby from??
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Windows installer is here.

Tutorials:

http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/
http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ruby-doc-bundle/Tutorial/
http://poignantguide.net/ruby/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

thanks wtd.. Very Happy
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No problem. Feel free to ask Ruby questions in the General Programming forum.
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
No problem. Feel free to ask Ruby questions in the General Programming forum.

ok im on my way over there. wtd lets head to that section..
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

Im reading the first tutorial. Do i need to read all of those tutorials or just read anyone i want too??
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dsantamassino wrote:
wtd wrote:

Im reading the first tutorial. Do i need to read all of those tutorials or just read anyone i want too??

Any of them, all of them, it's up to you. Certainly won't hurt to read more than one of them. Warning, though, the last one is great, but very abstract and weird.
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
dsantamassino wrote:
wtd wrote:

Any of them, all of them, it's up to you. Certainly won't hurt to read more than one of them. Warning, though, the last one is great, but very abstract and weird.

alright i just keep reading the first one..
dsantamassino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im taking a break from reading the tutorial.

wtd, wow who gave u donate 2?? was me for u helping me?? I think it was. good job. If u get me through everything i need to know promise u will get more. Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: