Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 McMaster Olympics
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Screw ur teacher. GO WELLMAN! (yea, he got like last lol)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wait, this year's events sound exactly like last years. That's no fun at all.

Wait for the York Olympiad, I think their's is done with more style and heavier competition. At least the events are challenging.

The only thing I remembered from McMasters olympiad (last year) was that I got free T-Shirts, both from the Engineering department and the general McMasters shirt.
zylum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

from what i've heard from people who did it last year, its almost exactly the same... we also got free t-shirts Wink
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya man, its the same events as last year. same t-shirts too lol. Wat school r u guys from? Me n Pickles were representing CDDHS.
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you may have noticed me sporting the sport headband/bluejays 1993 world champions sweatshirt/bluejays glasses/insulated jean jacket..

We got destroyed in the lego robotics. we just threw a bunch of random moves in there and atually came pretty close, except it was all radical and hit the guy in the foot.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, our teachers decided it wasn't worth it to go to the McMasters olympiad.

We are from Vincent Massey Secondary School, so I'll see you all in York, as last year's defending champion Very Happy
zylum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im from Woodlands SS and i was the first guy from my team to go up and accept the congratulations for winning the lego robot thing Wink. i was the tall white guy with the blue sweatshirt and jeans and the puma soccer shoes.
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh we knew we didnt win anything so we left before the awards.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When's York's?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's usually in May or something, pretty late in the year.

It's a fun place to meet really smart people, there are like Chemistry Olympiad team members, CCC finalists, and tons of other uber leet people.

Like University of Toronto School, they sent in like 1 team of 6 people and creamz0red everyone.'

There was also the Lego Robot code thingie, I wasn't part of it though, we had bugzpodder as our programmer. But from what I heard, the competition was pretty tough.

So yeah, go register and we'll see you there.
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, sounds awesome. Probably get crushed there, but it'll be worth it.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We sent a team last year, got to third place. But then we got diqualified cause we cheated. The losers couldnt even cheat well. Mad
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: