Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Desktop (Screenshots)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry, display manager. :p I'm such a n00b at linux...man...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here are some windows Longhorn build 4074 screenshots Smile enjoy i can post more if u want cuz im have Longhorn on my D:

blue-BANNER-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.69 KB
 Viewed:  2932 Time(s)

blue-BANNER-2.jpg

5.png
 Description:
processes: notice how much resources Explorer uses up (XP explorer usually takes 30mb of ram)
 Filesize:  33.44 KB
 Viewed:  2986 Time(s)

5.png

josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

doesn't look like n e thign special, does this build have the 3D windows?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Windows has always *looked* nice... but what can you tell us otherwise, shadow? How many times have you needed to reboot by now?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ha one ugly windows. Laughing (m$ simply can't improve)
josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ever since 95 it has been a little upgrade but the same basic look, I think they really need to get awway from that look and make somethign original (probobly outside of their scope of thinking though)
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Windows has always *looked* nice... but what can you tell us otherwise, shadow? How many times have you needed to reboot by now?

i have to reboot like every 5 min cuz its so friggen glitchy lol i cant even use internet explorer anymore
and no there is no 3d windows

i have found that so far longhorn is nothin but a GUI update on top of windows xp, and a few extras...
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow come on, that is ugly. it doesn't look good... what are you talking about? It looks almost the same as the default WINXP Skin Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is it just me or do those icons look really old to everyone else?
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:

That's because they are really old. Longhorn will, as far as users are concerned, be a new skin for Windows XP, a sidebar that kills 100 pixels worth of horizontal screen space, and huge titlebars and borders on windows.
josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Coutsos wrote:

That's because they are really old. Longhorn will, as far as users are concerned, be a new skin for Windows XP, a sidebar that kills 100 pixels worth of horizontal screen space, and huge titlebars and borders on windows.

I couldn't agree more, I was watching some demos of longhorn and what it will suposedly be able to do, if it can actually do these things (probobly not now with all the features they decided to strip out) then it might actually not be to bad, but I doubt it now.
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sadly its all true its pretty pathetic really, microsoft announces a product in 2003 that they wont realease until 2006 just to get ppl interested and all hyped up about what microsoft declares"the biggest up date from win3.1 to win95 (16 bit to 32 bit OS)" i never heard of windows xp 3 years before it came out... why would they make this such a big thing? is it just because they kno that it is nothing, but just want to keep customers?

i hope this MS's last OS because they aren improving at all, i think everything really stated to slow down after Win 2000. Xp comes out and is pretty much the same as 2000 but with a few new features and new better GUI... i think MS is making all these "better security" features and other crap like that just to say they are doin something... but in the end it will be usless to man kinda and everybody will end up hating it i have a few more screen shots ill post em later tonight when i have time(my dad harping at me to get my stupid Compsci project done)
Cussing
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

M$ will release long horn and every1 will realize it is awfull and then the next theu will re-release XP and make millions because every1 is going to move back to XP becaus longhorn sucks.....to be honest... i liike the skin...bu tthat task bar... yuo can get by downloading an active X desktop....with active desktop icons and side bars that look exactly like the longhorn bar Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
zomg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here is a few more longhorn screenshots Smile
o and the side bar size can be changed and there alot of other features on there i didnt notice before... like msn contacts, M$ news feed, and other stuff

uh... my upload quota is maxed out do i just ask an admin to give me more space? Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shadow master wrote:

uh... my upload quota is maxed out do i just ask an admin to give me more space? Confused

Yes, but u insutalted the admins and the site a few to many times so i am not going to wast my time right now to help.......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 7 of 8  [ 117 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: