Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tetris
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:17 pm   Post subject: Tetris

Need some help on this game called tetris please help!!!!!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JayLo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... just posting a help thing doesn't really describe your problem. what do you need help on?
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um.. ok

the objective of tetris is to make lines with blocks,
the more lines you make, the more points you get,
the more lines you make the faster the blocks fall,
the game ends when your screen is full of blocks.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What aspect of the game do you need help with. Also, showing us what you've got would be useful too.
Lone]2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dont tell me that u have no idea how to start on and want people to give u all the coding for it Confused
FwuffyTheBunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, i might be able to help with most of it, i think it woudnt be that hard actually. I'd start on the back round and where the outsides of the area are, and where the peeces will start to fall from. Then work on the shapes of the peeces and the switched version of that peece. Then randomize it. Should start from therte or somwhere like that. Thats whut i'd do, if u need some help with coding it just ask me.
justlam_

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:54 am   Post subject: i'm dumb

Embarassed Rolling Eyes Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Laughing 8) Confused Shocked Mad Razz Crying or Very sad Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Question Idea Arrow

[color=blue] Evil or Very Mad Dont spam - Tony[/color]
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok...
I'd say that you declare a 2D array of booleans to define your background
and if the value of a block is = true it means that it's filled. that way you can know if a whole line is filled...

hmmmm..... that gives me an idea i might even create my own teris (or what da hell ever it is called)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
lil_li

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:27 pm   Post subject: intresting

i know a lot of ppl doing tetris.... a very confusing game.... must be good at arrays.... 2d array should do it...

-make the board first( better if the borad is in text file made)
-drawboxes on the borad
-use 2d array to scane the board
-then draw the boxes on the location on the arrays
-VERY CONFUSING FOR THE TURNING THINGYS
-it will make u pull ur hair out
-make it intreting if you have time( like special bonus if you clear screnn ETC)
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you should play in tetris 4000 if you can get it at the special mode. Its awesome Very Happy Because when you drop your pieces, grid starts to swing back and forth. So if you pile them up on a side, its going to be sideways... well swinging back and forth actually...

and if you keep on droping pieces in phase its actually possible to flip the grid over Surprised Its really cool
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: