Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Anyone seen this?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, look at that article more closely :p
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey guys, do you have this patch from microsoft yet? Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Genesis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I've been looking all over for that patch! Wink
It's a good thing Microsoft is on top of these pressing issues.
templest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

Darkness, i aucaltay did read some of that pdf and i still blive linux is better and cheaper in every way.

Oh my god Dan. It appears as through I've over-estimated your level of intelligence. Confused Or maybe just your comprehension skills.

/* I'm beginning to think the only people that can write and get jokes like this are the stereotypical, jaded, cynical, Daily Show watching, The Onion reading, Simpsons quoting Gen X'ers like myself. And I base this conclusion on absolutely nothing. Smile

I think we've raised satire into high art that only few can appreciate or even comprehend. From my point of view, I can't believe anyone that actually read the paper couldn't at least know it was intended to be joke even if they didn't actually understand it or why it was suppose to be funny.

I suppose it's like that with anything though. Like someone who is an art expert sees some piece of abstract piece as brilliant, but most people wouldn't even recognize or know it was even suppose to be art.

"Are you being sarcastic?"
"Dude, I don't even know anymore." */

In other words: /* It's a TC0, not a TCO- and I doubt you could come to any other conclusion with a TC0 comparing Linux to Windows. Total cost of 0wnership- that is, total cost to hack the box and get it to send out a bunch of spam or viruses */.

0wnership as in "getting 0wned". Confused Get it now?

*Everything said within the comments are quotes directly copied from slashdot.org.

Re-read the article, this time... knowing waht it meant, and hopefully, you'll get the joke. It's really cleverly written, so you might have to go over it a couple of times. Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think u did not understanded what i ment, i ment ya i read it but being sceucsely linux realy dose cost less then window b/c you where going on in other posts about how it was the other way around....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

don't try to convince dan of anything... even if its a joke Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I dont think u did not understanded what i ment,...sceucsely...

So you do think I understood what you said? Confused

And, please define: "sceucsely", "seriously" perhaps? I have no problem with the typo's, It's just... try to make them at least somewhat legible. Wink

By the way, I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I told you, and everyone on this site knows, that I prefer linux over windows. I don't think it should come as a shock to anyone that I do. Those were only because I felt like flaming and it seemed like a good enough topic to start flaming over.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Give me a break it was almost 1am when i posted that and i have not slepted in like 2 days. u are lucky it is even close to eng.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, if it means anything, I am totally lost now.

I think we can forgive you this once Dan. But...watch out...one more typo...even one and it's mutiny.

Laughing

Haha, and Dan...since when is it being 1am an excuse? 1am is when the day really gets going Wink
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: