Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Best First Person Shooter
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What is the best first person shooter?
(No ending time set)
Half-Life
25%
 25%  [ 33 ]
Quake
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Doom
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Unreal/Unreal Tournament
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Rainbow Six
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
No One Lives Forever
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Halo
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Time Splitters
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Far Cry
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Alien vs. Predator
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Other (specify)
25%
 25%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 128

axej

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mmmm
necro posting... a year after the fact
ah well
red steel looks good tho
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quake and Quake II were awsome! Halo is runner up, but I still can get over the "gibbs" in that game!
codemage

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

NOLF for humour.
Timesplitters for best console multiplayer.
FarCry and Half-Life for ambiance and AI.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
NOLF for humour.
Timesplitters for best console multiplayer.
FarCry and Half-Life for ambiance and AI.

I remember in FarCry when I was hiding in a vent and one of the A.I. guys came in after me. One of those 'That's not supposed to be possible' moments. Tres cool.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, FarCry was great. Anyone see the previews to Crysis? Amazing, truly amazing.

One of the only things I didn't like about FarCry is that there were so many monsters... Something which is happening in far, far too many games these days.
codemage

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Crysis looks nice. I hope it won't require an upgrade to Vista.
blaster009

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I voted Half-Life cause I'm a CS junkie...And FarCry is the best game you can buy for $9.99 new. Ever.
s3arkay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Other - Call of Duty
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BenLi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rainbow six 3 owns you all
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf. QUAKE GUYS QUAKE! Omg, How can you guys forget those variety of nice-4$$ weapons? and that freaky voice in the background? hehehe. Quake is the way to go. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Quake 4 = ultimate... Evil or Very Mad
HALO SUCKS
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

While Halo sucking is something I would definately agree with...
Quake is just not fun. I don't get it, every game is exactly the same; the Quake series, the Doom series, ET: Quake Wars, and all that. You have one, you have 'em all.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well I used to play Quake 2, I found quake 4 to be different here in Canada. But maybe its cause I played Quake 2 or was it 1? 4 years ago in india. I am not really sure. I cant remmeber most of it, just remember though it used to be fun. Also, I enjoy playing Quake 4. but if only I had a better video card, it WOULD BE CLEAR-ER!!!!! -_- Man, I need a X1900 lol
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Latest? Halo 2. The graphics were great, and the physics were sweet, storyline blew (Halo's 1 was awesome though), but it's the multiplayer that made this shine, not only the team aspects and solid stradegy but the matching system. No longer was a match just a match...it was for honour, rank. Not to mention have about 6-8 friends that played was good. Calling up my buddy and my cousin and taking on team snipers was fun as hell.

Old school, definitely duke nukem 3D. Not only was it fun and expansive, but funny. I laughed my ass of at the "Balls of steel" pinball machine (but I was only like 10). And Quake (the first), as well, that game had me pissed off a lot, especially at the last level, I could never figure out how to kill that damn thing, until I finally just did it (by accident)
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Halo... SUCKS. The campaign is BORING. The multiplayer is LAGGY.
But since I dont own an xbox cause I dont believe in buying consoles when you have a pc and dsl, I dont know how Halo 2 is. My friends say, it is excellent since in multiplayer, its limited to broadband users only? I am not really sure. But whenever microsoft decides to make halo 2... I will try it out on PC, and I already know, it cant be better than quake.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Halo 2 is pretty good, it just ends too early. Kind of like "Huh, that's it?"

The last boss is hella-difficult on Legendary.

Right now I'm slowly working my way through Soldier of Fortune 2, which is quite the violent game.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 7  [ 91 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: