Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Matrix
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
naoki

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice scrolling effect, a lot better than what my friend is trying to accomplish Wink .......... he's trying to compile big letters into a word from the scrolling but the letter appears even when no scrolling exists in that y position Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroKelvin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Neo is so rigged in the movie, he can now stop centinals (dunno if that's how you spell it), wft is that !!!!!
Those white twin things are also rigged, did they really die or wut?
but for the most part it was a really good movie, nice animations, but the ending sucked.
Asok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kelvin, it's sentinels.

Anyways there are many theories floating about why Neo can manipulate the real world as that is not explained in the movie (it is in the third)
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who saw that trailer at the end of reloaded... i missed it cus i didnt think there would b nethin after the movie Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Asok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't see it, but if it actually exists you should be able to find it fairly easily on the net, I'll let you know if I run into anything.
void

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the twins are dead, but they were brought back by the one french program dude to protect him (thats why they have so many cool powers, like the disappearing act, which im pretty sure that Neo can master)
he stopped the sentinels the same way he stopped the bullets, and the same way he brought trinity back to life, he manipulates the code that is the object, altho that kinda is stupid because from what we saw in the 1st movie, its saying that the Matrix is fake, but that doesnt make the people just code, that ruins the whole point of the movie, if they are only code, why bother saving them?.....wateva....that movie has turned from a movie with a really nice point to a movie with alot of slo-mo and super fast fighting and a lot of computer terms...like the backdoor of programs...my sis got so confused at that part....(shes in gr.7, so she doesnt know jack-shit about programing)...she understood the concept, just one huge halway leading to everything...but the whole programing aspect of it was kinda confundering for her....yea...GREAT MOVIE THO... just hope that they tie up their loose ends in the upcoming movie(s)....
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1: the people arent code, the representations of them in the matrix are
2: how does he stop the sentinels like the bullets when he is outside the matrix? (wild guess: matrix in a matrix)
Asok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3 main theories:

1. matrix within a matrix
2. It was in the radius of the EMP used prematurely (long shot because of the whole "I can feel them thing.
3. In the diologue between neo and the architect, the architect says the Prophecy is another form of control. As such some people believe that the Prophecy was designed so the one doesn't realize his true power.

I'm leaning more to number 3
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think it was neo... the guy is powerless outside the matrix... thats like me trying to use mortal combat moves that I mastered in the game...

Also it cannot be EMP.. as it would reach the machines that destoryed those ships first Wink Besides, as it expands, its intensity decreaes and at sertain point it becomes 0

I think it was a new EMP from the ship that picked the crew up...

as for the Prophecy as a form of control... its just to get the one to that weird room and restart the cycle... apparently it worked for the previous 5 matrixes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it would kind of suck if it turned out to be the emp from the other ship (if it was why did he collapse?)
Asok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
i dont think it was neo... the guy is powerless outside the matrix... thats like me trying to use mortal combat moves that I mastered in the game...

Asok: "We'll see about that!"
*Asok moves back a step, and forward a step 3 times*
Tony: "What on earth are you doing?"
Asok: "Bycicle Kick!"
Solo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:35 pm   Post subject: Powerless outside the matrix

Neo didnt really know he was in the matrix untill they took him out, there is nothing that tells them they arnt in another matrix which is run as a failsafe for the first one. As the architect said, 99% of the people take the program well, the other 1 % get to choose, but neo is the exception.

I think that he realised that Zion is just a safeguard to keep everything under control, to give people a feeling of rebelion, because thats another thing humans cant live wihout.
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

matrix within the matrix would b a pretty cool idea but if that wer so wouldnt the agents hav been able to get into Zion a looooong time ago... and on top of that wouldnt that mean they wouldve been able to perfect their system long b4 we got to this point...

and yea, that architect dude was confusin wen he was talkin bout choices and crap, but hopefully that wont happen again... o and btw, seein as how im not a master programmer and never cared less b4, can sumone explain wat backdoors r used for Embarassed
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

entry points into a program or system made by the programmer (secretly of course) to allow themselves access to the system/program
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

let me give you an example of a backdoor... If I was to create additional page on this website that will bypass the security (passwords and such) it would be a backdoor to this website and even if dan changes all the passwords, I can just load up the page that will bypass the passwords and get me right to the files Twisted Evil

that would be a backdoor...

as for the matrix inside the matrix... I suppose its possible... but then why did neo fall after machines stoped?

and if architect dude is telling the truth (which he probably does as its the only bit of background story in the movie further explaining workings of the matrix) then why would they kill off the population of outer matrix 5 times?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 8  [ 106 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: