Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fahrenheit 9/11...
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
blackwhite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aww man, i need to watch this Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
templest wrote:
Maybe because the people who are against Bush and the techniques he used to win are completely devious?

What are u talking about? Bush didnt "win" He had less votes then Gore.

That's the whole point. The bastard shouldn't even be president. Confused
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

aww man, i need to watch this

No you don't.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uhm, anyone know a place where I can get etext version of the book Fahrenheit 451? I'm too lazy to go to the library and borrow it, and it has a 4 day waiting period.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know much about american hisory.. cuz really... i think its stupid and unimportant to me..

but.... how did bush win if he had less votes then gore.. ?
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
i dont know much about american hisory.. cuz really... i think its stupid and unimportant to me..

but.... how did bush win if he had less votes then gore.. ?

So if it's stupid and unimportant, than why do you want to know?

Weather you like it or not, what happens to the U.S. directly affects you, me, hell! it affects everyone everywhere. Think about it, you'll see.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
Quote:

aww man, i need to watch this

No you don't.

Why don't you just drop it? Seriously, just, drop it. Don't post in this thread unless you can prove to me that this movie is pure propaganda and that it is in no way a truthful and honest representation of George W. Bush. Unless you can prove otherwise, you have made your opinion extreamely vague, and in my opinion, senselessly derisive. You've honestly proven to me that you are not worth my arguing.

Do you know why I wasted all that time responding to your incongruous previous post? So that others would not commit the sin of taking what you said seriously. Because that, would be a serious shame.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Join us in our war on errorism
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Join us in our war on errorism

Damn right.

Am I not worthy because I do not agree? I haven't read what you said and I probably never will. Why should I drop something that obviously needs to be exposed for what it is. Do you need proof?

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

There is your proof.

I did not like the movie. I thought it was boring - basically because I had seen Bush Family Ties in probably 5 other documentaries and didn't have to see it again. Fahrenheit wasn't as entertaining as Bowling which I will admit to enjoying though I still believe it contains many falsehoods.

So go and read that site. At the moment it is at 59 and counting.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh and by the way, Dave Kopel is a registered democrat but even "moore" (haha) shocking, he endorsed and voted for Ralph Nader - the Green party guy.

Also, be a sport and watch the trailer for this documentary:
http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have yet to see the movie so i do not know if there are lies in it or not but if there is (witch i am not saying there is) why is every one feraking out about it? the other side (bush) dose such lies and proganed 1000 times more then ever could be done by a sinagl flim. It is funny how every one looks the other way when bush and the goverment dose it but when a perosn who is not directly repsenting a politcal party dose it evey one freaks out.

Hostly i whould not be surpisres if sites like the one jonos posted where aucaly set up by some poltical partys to discredit the flim.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The big deal with film is that it is by someone who is not part of a political party who is trying to influence the vote in any way he can. And the proof is there to show that he is more interested in shock factor than straight facts. The danger of a film like this are people who will automatically take something as fact when really what they saw was either a) out of context b) distortion c) entirely false.

The funny thing about this is also that 6/8 months ago the Democratic party did not want to be affiliated with Moore but as soon as election time comes around they want to endorse him and use his film against Bush.
templest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
when really what they saw was either a) out of context b) distortion c) entirely false.

Prove it.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I admit, the golf scene did look a bit shifty for me to wholeheartedly believe it.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
The big deal with film is that it is by someone who is not part of a political party who is trying to influence the vote in any way he can. And the proof is there to show that he is more interested in shock factor than straight facts. The danger of a film like this are people who will automatically take something as fact when really what they saw was either a) out of context b) distortion c) entirely false.

The funny thing about this is also that 6/8 months ago the Democratic party did not want to be affiliated with Moore but as soon as election time comes around they want to endorse him and use his film against Bush.

Ummm, as i side so what? All patrtys try to make them vote for them by any means. i do not see why poleop are making a big deal about it when poltical partys have been doing this for years and the only dif is that he is not direcly sporting one party.

Any how i find it very hard to blive that there are many lies if any in it if it is a documentry. All of mores other work has been very crediabl and true so i whould give him the benfit of the dount when the bush goverment is know liers.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: