Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Rate your teacher...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How is good is your teacher?
(No ending time set)
Excellent
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Great
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Okay
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Not good
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Asok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

void, that's racial prejudice, if you can collect evidence proving that, your teacher can actually be sued for racial descrimination. The school probably wont want that kind of publicity and will probably settle the case by firing the teacher.

I love the legal system Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

asok wen will u learn.. the system doesnt work! (ok mayb in sum cases)... in other news ive reached Programmer level on the bit system Very Happy (im so happy)
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well its not really based on bit system (although it should), just number of posts... just dont have time or PHP knowledge to change it.

but yes, system doesnt work, and if we start messing with it, it might all fall appart. Heck, I've read there're 1800+ untrained teachers in Ontario alone. What if we force them to get trained? they'd need money for that, but nowhere to get it. They already made soo much cuts from what I've read in newspapers, the only place left to get money is selling chairs or cutting something not many people use anyway. And how many people are going are using those P3s (if you even have them) in your school anyway? With their knowledge, they'll figure you can use P1s and program in DOS turing once again.

****ing government. There's no way out of it. They create their own problems by tring to save money but a bit later they loose more because of their actions and now have to "save" more.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
void

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AGREE DEEPLY!!!!!....yea the system doesnt work!!...no teacher is going to admit to racism....and if you say something to someone about a teacher being racist they can suspend you under false accusation.....(i think Confused ) but yea.....the world is unfair.....i'm a novice and i know more about programming (no offence)...than some of these kids that post questions abuot tooo much help requiring!!!! and ther've all reached programmer Evil or Very Mad i agree...my skoool has p3's and they run just as fast as our p2's (for the programms we run) we dont even do multi-compiling or anything...all you need is a good freakin server to host the network and most kids will never notice the difference....(actually i think the screen shots program takes up alot of memory on its part).....we need better teachers....lets order some....im sure we can get proffeser mcgonagle and dumbledore over here...we got REAL money not magical crap Rolling Eyes
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe that the literacy test should be mandatory. But not for everyone. People who are getting in the 70's, 80's or 90's in the class are clearly literate. Either that or their teachers are complete morons. I can understand people getting in the 50's or low 60's having to write the test.
And the EQAO test has absolutely no relevance at all. It has no effect on whether you graduate, and it doesn't affect anyone's marks. People don't even bother trying on that test. It's just a majour waste of everyone's money. They should get rid of the EQAO test, and use the money they save to replace the textbooks that are literally falling apart.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

at our school they count part of the EQAO as 10% of ur gr.9 math mark
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
at our school they count part of the EQAO as 10% of ur gr.9 math mark

OMG, that is just wrong.

*dan movies the EQAO to top of his to distory list, oh wate they are allreay on top Evil or Very Mad *
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
octopi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Theres still the big problem about people cheating, that makes me slightly ticked. There are people in my classes (mostly math) that know nothing, but yet they have 90-95%, they cheat, and do good on every test, but yet during class they never understand anything. I wish there was a way to test people on there understanding of things, not just on what they can read on each other's page.

Or even some system where teachers who catch people cheating give them like say a point, and when you apply to univ. and college the school also sends the number of points you have too. That way people who cheat could be put on the same playing feild with those who know what they are doing. Like right now teachers threaten to give people a zero on there test if they cheat, but I have never seen a teacher do that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my teacher once caught two guys having a cheat sheet... but he was fair about it... he didnt count only the info that was on the cheet sheet...

well those guys managed to fit the whole chapter onto a small piece of paper (rendering it useless that way) and getting 0 anyway Confused

but octopi is right. its not fair for others who study hard (or just know it)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony, that's at least better than my careers class where EVERYONE cheats, it's so blatantly obvious, the ground his covered in papers, and my teacher is just a complete moron and doesn't notice. She even stepped on someones cheat sheet and didn't realise. I want to smack her.
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

muahahaha, while ur all stuck on p3's, our comp lab jus got brand new p4's Twisted Evil (thnx to the good ppl at Dell 8) )..... and asok its only careers, its not like u learn anythin useful in that class anyway (cept for how to conduct a good business interview)

but yea, a demerit point type system would b good to use on cheaters but its not like teachers actually watch the students during tests to catch thos cheaters
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, true that. I see some of my friends sneak in cheats sheets, not to mention extendo-rods (but that's another story)
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all you guys are so lucky... i program on a p2 300... and those are some of the best in the school... we have 2 sign out labs... one full of celeron 233s (or somethin like that) and the other lab is p1 133.... although the few we have in the library are alright.. p3 at 800... but its only the library... hardly ever gets used..
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my teacher spent his time flirting for the entire time! Laughing
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should all consider yourselves lucky your schools dont have MACS!

*wields a baseball bat*

*unviels an iMac*

You know what has got to happen Very Happy

OOOH YEA 8)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 6  [ 85 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: