Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Its time For the BLITZ team
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: Its time For the BLITZ team

Were finally uniting ,

we are going to make a game that consists of a 3d model walking around a map tthat has thingss to jump on holes to fall in and coins t ocllect and enemys later on , but now we need to world built , AI will come later

I NEED

Model Creaters : That can make a unique charater for us

Lots of Coders : we need to get this part down

Level Editor : I will provide hte software

: Story line writeer : for hte cutscene's ( have some made up ) i need a story line and character Bio's

Flash Creator : to make an opening video

Picture creator : to make us a logo

BIG BITZ TO THOSE WHO HELP

Join the team by posting in here , spred the word around compsci , incase peopel dont look in here ,

i want a big team , olny join if you can help

this is completly open source and will be hosted free of charge , so that people can make mods and / or addons , i know the other gameing team fell through

but i have alot of work done and we can get a basic game done in under a week once we start
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

a 3D platformer? could be good. Smile lots of potential for work to be done on it outside of blitz.
what software are you talking about for level editing?

I'll code. Don't know much else Confused I really need to get a model making program. I have 3dsmax, but unfortunately I need winXP to run it. Sad
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it came with my blitz 3d , its a 3d world editor , you pick up an object nd put it where you want it , then you plave lights and such , but we are an outside map , so i just want daytime and mabye night time
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it came with blitz 3d? this is odd Confused
that program sounds awesome, I gotta get a copy of it Very Happy how much would it cost Thinking (thinking in terms of time here)
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if u want AutoDesk inventor 6.... i have found it (full version + serial) on Kazaa Lite.... (with over 10 ppl to download off of... so it should download really fast) < thats pretty good for 3d modelling... ive seen ppl make stuff on it in tech design class....

I Can (do these well):

-Coding In Turing
-Drafting In AutoCAD 2000 LT
-Get Files / Underground / Info For You
-Can Market Program (search engines, site promosion)+ banner ads and links and stuff on websites that i own (10 sites)
-Store files on a fresh new shaw server so every1 can download files quickly and efficiently (no limitations for file types or size) (10 MB server)
also i can let all u guys know the password for that shaw account so every1 can upload files to it (WS_FTP)..<dont care cuz once its done i can delete the account and make a new one.... (i have 7)

I Dont Have:

- Tons Of HD Space (1gig which is 60% full) so i can only have about 100-200 MB for this rite now...
- Fast Comp for any huge programs
- Win XP <i think it sucks... 98 is good ! I LOVE MY DOS GAMES!

so if u think u need me.... just ask.... i have nothign better to do rite now!

-kevin
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:12 am   Post subject: ...

ive had the demo for a while never got around to learning it, im gonna give it a go for the next bit and if i catch on/ get money to buy it then ill be happy to be in on this, but im cheap so that might never even get anywhere..

i can whip up some good things in autocad if you need smoe help there
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

glad to see the support guys
what would you two do on the project? ie. coding, model making, those things shorthair listed at the top.
what grade are you in pickles? do you have much programming experience in other languages?
Pickles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: ..

just finished grade 11 comp sci, so im fairly good at turing.. Some things we didnt learn so im probably not as good as some of the ppl around here but i can manage. around 90 in that class methinks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

awesome. so, when you learn blitz, do you want to be a coder? or are there other things that you can do?
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: ..

probably, other than that i can do stuff in autocad, dont let me touch any picture making, cause the extent of that would be a stickman drawn in paint Smile
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well.. i can get everyone here hooked up with WS_ftp_7.0 PRO.. and that shaw thing...

want me to PM everyone with the program link (ftp) and the password / username for shaw account?? <cuz we dont wana stress compsci with all those files... not to mention having to zip them up is a pain... and if compsci down <hahahah ....if.... hahah.... then ppl can still download/upload files

other then that.... anything that u need me for ill do my best..
i have been using autocad on and off for last 2-3 years..... so i guess u got 2 good ppl for drafting.. lol..

as soon as i get my new PC i will be learning C++ and VB... so i mite be able to help u guys there too.. then also i will be able to 'purchase' inventor, photoshop,gif animator, c++,vb,all the good stuff.... Wink...
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did someone say Story Line Writers!!!!!

Ah, bien, je suis ici...et, bien sur! J'aime l'ecriture!

Indeed. I've got some minutes to spare. Never used Blitz before, so I wouldn't be of much use there, but if you need some well written dialogue/in game plots...just give me a call...er...post...er...PM...you decide.

Note, check my 'occupation' in my profile...
aside

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can help you with the drawing stuff, not on computers but by hand.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if u need any algorithmic or general gfx help (not specific to blitz basic) then feel free to ask me
sport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can code and help around.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: