Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The War in Iraq
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

If you had to vote to continue the war, or stop the war, what would you choose?
(No ending time set)
Stop the war
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Finish the war
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree. It is a very big deal. After the treaty of Versailles the Allies were in complete control of Germany militarily. If we had not let them build up their armed forces (which we could have done relatively easily) millions upon millions of people wouild not have lost their lives. That is the difference.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

While WW2 could have been avioded if they did not screw over germany so baddly affter WW1, since there econmny whent down hill so much affter WW1 they where forced in to taking ratical actacking witch alowed hittler to come to power. If they did not derstly there ecomeny so baddly affter WW1 hitter probly whould have never bean alowed to come to power by there own poleop. When your money is worth less then the papaer it is printed on you will do almost anything to keep your conorty alive and your famly feed.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan is right, if we had made the treaty of Versailles better we could have headed off WWII even earlier.

But as for the war in Iraq it seems to me like it is turning into another Vietnam for Washington. With the handover of power to come in less than a week I believe, either the Coalition will not be able to keep to their promises of turning control over (which is a sham anyways because they set up the interm government) or the country will enter into a state of complete anarchy. Even this week forigners are still being kidnapped and murdered by renegade militants. Also they are attacking Iraq's infastrure to try and turn the population against the Americans, and it is working. Some Iraqis have even said they prefered Saddam's rule over the American's, which is a sure sign that the 'war' in Iraq is not going well for the Americans. I put the word war in quotations because I believe that Washington did not classify this conflict as a war so they can avoid the constraints of the Geneva convention.

In conclusion, I think it was wrong for the coalition nations to become involved because they lost many of their young men's lives to little purpose. Iraq has some fundamental probems (chiefly different factions of Islam that don't get along well with each other) which can't be solved in anything resembling a short time.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: