Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My Kill Kenny Game - NEW VERSION NOW -
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well not only that... but turing also sux... sure it's noted the best beginner programming langauge... mainly because it's so freakin' easy and sux... but seriously just think. If they tought c++ instead of turing, we'd all have so much more fun because we could make almost anything. Screw these lil games, move onto some hardcore programming.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, we'd also learn slower and there'd be a much higher faliure rate in school.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah. I think my only real problem with turing as a beginner's language is that once you make a nice little game with it, some get the idea that with C++ they could make something much better. Which is true, but it would also be much more work. Turing users don't often realise how much of their program is done automatically, and how much manual work is needed in C++. No more draw commands, you have to learn a graphics API. No more Music.PlayFile, you'll have to get FMOD or OpenAL or something of the sort.

Now that I'm learning C++, I'm actually glad I did turing first. C++ right away would've been a slap in the face and a bullet in the gut. Damned link errors...

Anyways, sorry for going off-topic, I just had to say that.
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing is very good for beginners.
I tried C++ about 2 years ago. I had no clue what I was doing. I didn't even know how to make something move before.
Not that I've learned a lot about turing I actually understand C++, but, I still like turing better because it's so much easier Smile
poomanchunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I put a newer version of Kill Kenny, up at my first post.
All I really added was music and health. I stopped working on it though, started on another game Rolling Eyes.
Also you can choose which revolution you want. Kill Kenny 1, is 1200 by 800 (I can't remember the exact numbers)
And Kill Kenny 2 is 800 by 600 (or whatever)

This'll prob be my final version, unless I start working on it again.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good job, I like the improvements you made. However, if you press clear then his hood comes out white after the curtain opens.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: