Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 mac kills my inner child
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, I typed a huge reply to what you said and apperantly the school's network didn't put it through, for fucks sakes. You can have this one. I'm not typing all that shit out again.

In short: OS X is amazing but only for Macs due to Apple's Mac monopoly.

If you can afford it. Go ahead, Macs are great.

Mac-bashing from your point of view is like saying "Don't buy NetMD Walkmans because you have to use Sony's own Disks to play it, you can't buy them from other companies".

Or like saying "Sony memory sticks are useless because you can only use them on other sony products".

I like OS X, I dished out $4k for my PowerBook, I like it. I'm going to keep it. The End.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"You can go your own wayyyyyyy" "Go your own wwwaayyyyyy."
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

Mac-bashing from your point of view is like saying "Don't buy NetMD Walkmans because you have to use Sony's own Disks to play it, you can't buy them from other companies".

i whould not buy one, why get somting that can only paly sonys media when u could get a cd player or an mp3 player?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

"Why buy a Playstation if you can only play Playstation games?

That sucks, if I buy a PS2, that means I'm going to have to buy games specially made for a PS2, when I can just get a PC and have access to more games than a PS2 will ever have."

That's what your argument sound's like, shmeh. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Jonos, I love the sexy red "X" you have as an avatar. It suits you well. Razz
Dauntless

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, what's wrong with that argument? If you could only get one or the other, wouldn't that make sense?

You're implying that people have 1 Mac and 1 PC, which is the case with most people who have a console and a PC; they have both, not one or the other.
templest

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
You're implying that people have 1 Mac and 1 PC, which is the case with most people who have a console and a PC; they have both, not one or the other.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

But DANS argument is that he wouldn't but a NetMD walkman anyways because it's only compatible with NetMD Mini-Disks.

My opinion is THAT you can very well purchase the NetMD walkman because it's kick-ass, even though you have a diskman lying around.They're not compatible, but so what?
jonos

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What the fuck, I seem to not have an avatar. ????
templest

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it appears so.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But this thread was about Macs vs, PCs... Besides, what I said still stands..
templest

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can believe whatever you want to, I just ask you to respect mine like i do yours.

now stfu.

besides, what's the point in arguing about which one is better? Those who buys Macs will swear by them, so do Linuxers with their distro's, Microsoft Zealots with Windows, ect.

Macs are different. You don't like the change? Stick with your Windows/x86. That's how simple it is.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

Macs are different. You don't like the change? Stick with your Windows/x86. That's how simple it is.

What about linux that is prity diffrent and not evil. And to me it makes alot more scence to get a PC then a PS2, u can play PS2 games on the PC with a good emulaor. Also the PS2 has a point and not counting the emulaor could do things the PC could not but a PC dose everything a MAC dose but it is more combialte with other things....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nooo shit.

It's a thing of preference. Why the hell do you think X-Box and PS2's are such a huge market? Why do so many people own these when you can do just as much with a regular PC? Because they want to. Same goes for Macs.

Sure, you can't code PHP website's with an XBox, and you can't download and play Warcraft III on a PS2. But what it's for, and what it has is enough reason to buy it.

Same with Macs, they can't do everything. But what they do, they do it well, and people that can afford it, will get one.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
and people that can afford it, will get one.

I hope u mean poleop who like it and can afford it, will get one.
templest

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
I hope u mean poleop who like it and can afford it, will get one.

Wow. Can you think of nothing else to say? Obviously that's what I meant. Rolling Eyes
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Of corse i could, just that i do not whont to contion this debate any more. I guses i am just a big fan the free and open sorce stuff. Oh well at least mac keeps M$ pissed off and me laghing at all the mac jokes Razz
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 43 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: