Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 URL Filter
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Isn't it StudeNTvista? or something?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

idk, i know IBM made it ;D
http://www.can.ibm.com/k12/technical/schoolvista/
hmm
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahahah suckers...

i lilke my school..

the person in charge of the online deal thing... has worked his ASS off to make shure our email is unlimited..

its great... u can send file attachements 100MB in size and up to 3 of them per email... that 300 MB in one email..

and.... i had over 300 MB in inbox...
its CRZY

and fast...

they put speed retrictions on ALL sites except google and email..

so if u download winamp @ winamp .com u mite download at 1-5 KB a sec.

but if u download off email... its 1MB a sec << serious...

its fucked right the hell up...!!!

anyways..

they spy on u... well wonder why.. ppl likke amailer are installing msn Wink

man... my personal network drive is crzy... its over 1gig (150 mp3s, quake 1 ... doom 1 - 2... warcraft 1... some others ..!!!
... and total network drives combined (including the shared programs.. and the shared teachers drive *teachers post files there)is only 40 gigs.. or 40 gigs left.. not shure..

so i take a lot.. Laughing

but thats harsh...

to get into those sites..
simple: get win xp...
make a bootable ISO with winxp and have the admin pass on it
then go to boot order in startup thingy (del button) and go CD drive first..

then u have acess to change the pass ans shit on the C drive and change the admin pass..

this kid told me how he did it... ** then i saw him log in as amin without the cd.. it was nuts... he had MSN and kazaa and quicktime... + some other shit.. dont remembner now..

Evil or Very Mad teahcers watching over students.. the kids in my school are realy imature ... all they play is games... when they should be posting on compsci.ca or my forum Wink

why does everything i type in last 3 days turn into a REALLY long post.. Thinking think im overly happy
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
Yeah our school has LANschool installed. But isn't there some kind of restriction on when a teacher can view your work? I mean, I don't think my accounting teacher should be able to view my work when I'm logged in for my comp sci class right?

yes and no, it depondes on how they got lanschool set up. Ushely it is set up by computer lab so the techer runing that lab can see anything on the computers in that lab. Alougth the hole school may be on the same chanle then any teacher that has accuses to lanschool teacher verson could see any comp in the school. More consering tho, is that lanschool mas fudmental desing falws that make it so any one with basick knogle of netwrok packets could take over it and do w/e they whont to any comp using lanschool.

Quote:

Iv got this.. school vista (same as lan school? idk)....

LanSchool != school vista.

School vista is just a network setup by IBM withch realy sucks and is deisded porly. Realy it is just a verosn of windows NT with some cusomte setings and they call it School vista b/c all the comps are IBM Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

With Schoolvista your admin can set your account to bypass the goofy class view and go straight to windows. If he/she does that you can still log into the school vista system to access stuff that is assigned to a book. The key is to have a good reason to bypass the system. After a few years of using Schoolvista I used to set all of my students to log straight to windows.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well trust me it sucks, i hate that thing...and I don't think our admin is in our school half the time, we do so much crazy stuff with our computers.
But they did block MSN from connecting to the interent Sad idiots
Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you get MSN? We can't have any exe files, and we have no access to the C drive... meaning we can't save files onto it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tto acess C:\ drive:

right click in any folder view or desktop...
goto 'New'
then create shortcut

then type in c:\ then enter and ur DONE!!

u can now acess c:\ drive!!!

ez as pie... works great at my school

also... i u bring irfanview *u burn the folder onto CD or put folder on floppy... then when u run... go to THUMBNAILS viewer... then u shoul,d be able to see TONS of hiddem drives... Wink

help anyone.??
warning: dont abuse that ability!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my main problem with my school network is that they disabled the right-click menus
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya my school dose the same things, the funny thing is that they are all bypasbel in some way or another.

Hey McKenzie, do you/school u teach at uses LanSchool in any of the labs? (The litte icon that looks like a green borad or looks like a cricle of green dots for newer verson)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya we have that
Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well... I seem to be the only one in my school with right clicking ability... weird huh? And they think I hack, which I don't... Laughing
zylum

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao, one day the kid sitting next to me desides to pull out the network cable from his comp then log in and then put the cable back in... he got access to all the files and such but 2 minutes later an announce ment came on: "everyone please shutdown all computers" so our business teacher tells us all to shut down so the kid next to me has no choice but to shut down... 30 seconds later the principal and some IT guy come running into our class room and take the kid out of class... lmao, he wasnt allowed on the school computers for the rest of the year!!! pretty funny...

another thing... how do you guys d/l all those proggies onto your comps? my drive is SO damn small.. i save 2 jpgs and its full!!! i think we only have 2MB or something Shocked
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan:do you know how to get around the right-click lockout?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think i could get it to be reabled by messing with your registery for your user acount BUT u can all ready get to almost everything on the right-click menu anyway.

Like for porpitrys just do Alt-doble click
delete is Ctrl-d
rename is F2

Also you can get most of the right clikc menu options just by using the file menu, if it is on the desktop then u could just go to the dekstop dir and then use the file menu.

If you whont to mess with the registry you ushely can not use regeidt b/c it is locked down but if you make a reg file with the chages you whont to make in the right format and then execute it, it will ushely make the chages.

Note: The bellow talks about a seucrity issue in lanschool that has been fixed in v7.0

As for LanSchool, I realy dont think schools should uses it. Any one who know how to make a progame to send pakets could write up an app to take over LanSchool and could do anything a teacher could with LanSchool, incuding on spying on poleolp, shuting down comps, shuting down lanschool on all comps on the network, making the screen black, un making the screen black, boracsting anything they whont to any computer or all of them, taking over computers and much more fun stuff that LanSchool is not ment to do like crashing the comps by sending messed up packtes to LanSchool.

It is not hard to figger out the portical for LanSchool ether, the demo verson free on there site has "safteys" so it will not work with realy verson but the portical is the same so any one could download it, figger out the portical and then modify it to work with the real verson.

Also if the school dow not have a firewall, a person could exitute thess lanschool comands from anywhere as long as they know the schools ip. Also if the schools are linked together by school borad it is posable for a student to mess with muitplay schools at the same time.

Now being the good guy that i am i tolad LanSchool about this crazyness and even sugested serveral methods to fix it so it whould not be such a seruity risk. BUT they toald me they whould rather work on aresting hackers and students that expoite this then work on fixing there software. Also they then threated me with being expilted or supsdeded from school and posabley arsted and cahreged with crims if i ever used it.

Also it should be noted that thess method lanschool has of telling how toke over the comps with lanschool dose not work agested my method becuse i take out the name of the user and the name of the masine in the protical so there loging app will recored nothing or ever worse the wrong infomation. This means i could put another user name in the packet and it whould make it look like that person did the actack on lanschool from w/e comp u slected. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. Think about it with LanSchool incugering schools to expeal and supend poleop that hack netwroks and any one that knows some stuff being able to make it look like any one they whont hacked the network, it could lead to many wrongfull charges agested students. Also it will give any one who realy dose hack the netwrok a prity good fake exuces since there log system is flawed they could just say it was faked.

Any how in conculsion LanSchool = Bad.

P.S. if you whont to know more about the protical for lanschool check out the comic site Twisted Evil
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: