Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 music editing
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: music editing

how do i edit a sound file (.wav) and get rid of the blank space?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i realize that this may be for a turing project, but this should go in GD.
anywho, to take out blank space, open the file in a sound editing program and edit away. I'm not sure if Windows Recorder can do it or not, but you can try. if not you could always play the file with a recorder up to your speakers and stop recording whenever there's silence Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Er... how about we file the recorder idea under "oh please no." Wink
Sound recorder actually will work for this. Just play the sound until the end when the blank space starts and delete everything after that point. Or you can try a slightly more useful sound program if you plan on doing more sound editing. Just look on sourceforge for something nice (and free!), try Audacity.

PS: Cervantes is right, moved to GD.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i guess with windows recorder you can delete sound in the middle by cutting all the sound after the first occurance of silence, and pasting it into a new file, then, in this new file, deleting everything before the actual music starts up again, then pasting that back into the original file, at the end.

its difficult and confusing, but its better than the recorder idea ( Laughing ) and it saves you having to download a program that wasn't made by microsoft that can actually do something useful for you.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
and it saves you having to download a program that wasn't made by microsoft that can actually do something useful for you.

You make that sound like a good thing. Confused
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whenever can get around downloading something its a good thing. takes forever for me to download stuff.
and just so we're crystal clear, i am bashing microsoft.
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should use cool edit pro, easy to use music editing program.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I have Acid music for this sort of thing, and I like how it puts a visual representation of the sound's magnitude on the timeline so you can sort of understand the sound without having to listen to in 100000 times.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: