Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci Chat
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

compsci chat?
(No ending time set)
yes
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
indifferent
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
no
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i could make or get a java irc applet for the site posably. that whould mean they do not have to download anything.

any one know of any java irc clinets that are free?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i googled free java irc applet and got this.

whaddya think?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

intresting, i will look in to it more latter.

at worst it will be a crapy clinet with tones of adds, but u whould not have to uses it could just be for poleop who can not figger out how to dl a good irc clinet.

beside there is even the code to make your own in turing some where on this site, lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
naoki

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Chat wouldn't be very effective because not many people would be willing to hang around such a room waiting to be asked a question. Since most of the programmers I know don't have their lives revolve around compsci, this would be rather useless.

If possible, consider those little "shout-out" boxes they have on sites narutofan (well, that or narutobloodline) where it's a little window that instantly updates when somebody posts in there so everybody can see right away. This could be useful for some instant messaging sorta thing. And if you really wanted help from somebody, you could just ask for their MSN.

Luckily, all the good programmers go to Massey (cept Catalyst)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: