Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 problems using rendered frames from Maya
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think that would be the problem (unless you have a very old computer and even then I'm not sure), why not do this:

code:

View.Set ("graphics:max;max, nobuttonbar")

for i : 1 .. 100
    Pic.ScreenLoad ("pics" + intstr (i) + ".jpg", 0, 0, 0)
end for

May I also suggest changing the "max;max" in your View.Set line to the actual dimensions of the pictures you plan on drawing? It just looks pretty bad when somebody runs code like that on a computer with a resolution that's different from yours.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Schaef

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well that works but it goes much slower then it did b4 when i did it the other way.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Did it even work before?
Schaef

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya it got to about frame 45 then stopped
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What happened at frame 45 then? What's the difference between the files for frame 44 and frame 45?
Schaef

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nothing, thats the problem and thats y i thought it had somethin to do with running out of memory, but your way works it just goes slower
Schaef

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its just an intro screen thingy and it goes so slow right now.. can we incorporate Pic.Free into your code to make it go any faster?
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, if you can't allocate more than 45 pics on your computer to make it play faster, then Pic.Free won't help that much. The whole idea of Pic.ScreenLoad was to load the image and draw it to the screen without using a Pic.FileNew (actually, I think it works by calling Pic.FileNew, then Pic.Draw, and then Pic.Free right away). Maybe if you re-rendered and used fewer frames. That is, skip every third frame or so if you can.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Your problem is what Tony (I think) stated. You have a limit on theamount of memory allocated to pictures. At the beggining, you make 100 pictures! This immediately fills up the memory allocation and by the 45th picture it is full and hence the picture can not be created because there is nowhere to store it! You must create the picture, draw it, then immedatly delete it. Correct me if I'm wrong Wink !

code:

View.Set ("graphics:max;max, nobuttonbar")
var name: string
var pictures :array 1..100 of int

for i : 1 .. 100
    name := "pic" + intstr(i) + ".jpg")
    picture(i) := Pic.FileNew(name)
    Pic.Draw (picture(i), 0, 0, 0)
    Pic.Free(picture(i) )
end for
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: