Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Winamp
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... i think dan is keeping it there so more people get the chance to get the bits...

yea.... the quizes havn't been as frquent lately.. Sad

me want mroe bits Smile

EDIT: amailer... have u been adding more random qoutes to ur DB..... ive been seeing some new ones... *** i like... their funny.. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if u whont a new quiz pm me with a good question that can not be looked up easly.

also i do not whont to restart the winamp thing but i could not let this go:

after trying winamp on 3 comps and it not working i desied what the hell, why not try a 4th. so today i instaled it on another computer i have and it aucaly worked. WOW eh? but this fun was short last till i relised when i reboted my computer that some how the instaler for winamp has coropted all my hadrdives partions and all the files on them Evil or Very Mad .

my god it messed up so badly that nothing will boot any more even when using safemod and/or recovery disks. the only option i have left now is to format my comp.

now some will tell you that a mead player that corptes your hdd is a good thing *looks at the_short1* but i am a fast bliver in progames that delete all your files are ether 1. bad or 2. virus. and i have never seen WMP messe over a system like this!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

U got PwNd by a hacker... conminceedence at the same time u tried winamp././

there is No WAy in HELL that it could wreck ur partisions..
god... it doesn;t even need registry (i have my winamp folder on a CD with 150 mp3's so i can listen to them without having it installed on a computer (if i at school or a friends house )

common.. u got hacked./... simple... ... no way winamp did that..

did u download winamp from winamp.com ?? otherwise it mita been a bad version that was edited... Rolling Eyes

yea../.. another thing..
can u burn WMP to a cd ??? dont think so... u need to INSTALL..

for winamp..

burn the winamp directory to a CD... bring it to school or another compuyer.... open winamp... ...... OMG ... it WORKS~!! Razz Smile Wink

***worked 100% in winamp 2....
for winamp 5 it says a file.dll not found on startup..... but the player still works perfectly..

EDIT: i will think up a quizz soon :0
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope it was winamp

lets think about it:

1. the comp was not online, other then the few mins it toke me to dl it from winamp.com

2. there was an uptodate antivirus on it

3. it was foramted the night b4 b/c it is (was) a server comp witch i cahge the content on it feruicky by foramting and starting all over. so fresh install

4. three was almost no other apps other then comp with windows.

5. i just had run a skan disk and it came out 100% ok

6. i just truned the thing on, instaled winamp and the winamp server stuff for what i am doing, none had virus all for offical sorces.

7. i rebot just affter that and nothing.

unless a magick force came over and randoly corpted things it had to be winamp while it was installing.

i reforamted the comp and load the back up disk and put winamp back on b/c i whonted to know if it whould happen agen and it did not screw it up this time. alought it has crashed alot and the server app is not working at all (when a users discontes the num of users gose up inted of down, ROFL)

well at least this tells us that if u fail out of uni for CS u can allways work at winamp, hell they will probly let u progame it in turing (if it is not all ready!)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in turing... common that was a low blow Sad

see... it works..

what OS is this system (server)>?

what OS is on ur alienware labtop

.... what kind of server comp is this ??? IBM...ACER... etc..

..... maybe the reason why ur partions scrwed up is because they were done wrong or got messed up.. then when winamp used the HD it all came undone .. (((maybe the partion seemed ok and working... but was really about to fail....)))

i dont know..

dan have u every really USED winamp 5 b4??? like used it for a month or two...??? or have all the comps uve been on been bad luck ?

second..
what winamp server program are u using???
maybe thats whats been messing it up...
some plugins for winamp muck them up cuz they were designed for a different version of winamp... **notice most plugins were made by simple programmers like us... **they use this plugin builder software dealy thing off winamp . com

if so... try a different server program... or ... try winamp without it altogether..
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the plugin was good and for the right winamp, also i have tryed it with out it as well.

there was nothing wrong with any of the comps, it is jsut that winamp is not portibale at all. only seems to run on the most avg comps and even then it still crashs like nuts.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I WAS thinking of getting it, but now I'm going to decide not to. Wouldn't want crazy programs to send my computer into a downward sprial of deterioation.... again.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you can get it.. it won't happne to you...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

true amailer.. Smile

what OS were the two comps
alien and server ??
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i tryed it on 4 comps:

aline: xp
server 1: 98
server 2: xp
server 3: 95

all have falied if diffrent hurable ways.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ur one unlucky sonava BIATCH then...
i though u mite be running linux or some odd sh1t..

ok.... thats its.... DAN I DOOMED TO A LIFE OF UNLUCKYNESS.... due to his unability to install and use winamp 5...

****WAIT!!!! .... try using the Classic skin instead of the Modern one cuz that one is WAY more stable ***they said that on winamp.com *** i use it cuz my comp lags like a whore when is on modern **DAM SLOW COMP!!! Sad

also... try winamp 2.95 its much more stable...
^^^ and fasta... i have both.. winamp 2 for if i playing music while in SC or w/e .... winamp 5 so i can have global hotkeys and nice visuals...
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude, winamp 2 and 5 use the same plugins. You could be running winamp 2 with some shortcutter plugin and still have resources left to do something else (that's how useless winamp5 is).
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Winamp 5 has only the ability to see the video stations and radio, also the modern skin plugin. hmm that's it i guess Very Happy
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

unless u hack ur winamp 2 version ***i downloaded a winamp 2 version that had all the abilities of winamp ...but...... winamp 2 cant BUrn or RIP cds.... winamp 5 CAN!.... also the modern skinm and winamp TV..

winamp 2 can do internet radio..!!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but, his not really unlucky.. because if you read this you'll see that others have such problems also.. Confused

Also im splitting this topic to 'winamp'
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: