Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Fav type of music
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What type of music do you like?
(No ending time set)
Rap
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
R&B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rock (all)
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Hip-Hop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dance (trance, euro, beats)
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Country
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (anime)
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Music...

I like Pink Floyd and The Pixies. When I'm programming though I'll make some electronica beats on Fruity Loops, or just use kazaa. I have no idea about names in the world of electronica though, and most of it has been pretty drab. Go Pixies.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pixies are teh mother fuckers in awesomeness. But the Gordon Lightfoots and the Simon and Garfunkels are better.

Electronica music is cool if it is made in acid pro by some guy on acid dreaming about labbing acid and then selling the acid and taking the acid.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cough**jonos wishes he had some ACID**cough.,... Wink
hahahahahah..... Simon And Garfuncle...... .... ... . . Rolling Eyes ok.... . . . . . . . . . . Laughing but w/e its all good u can listen to what u want....
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Obviously rap is the best. My fav rappers are 50 Cent, Xzibit and Eminem.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay another thign..
now can everyone tell me their top 5 fav songs at the moment?
thanks

(include the song and artists name, thanks!)
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mario Winans - I don't wanna know
Maroon 5 - This Love (I have no idea why I like this song, I just do)
Kanye West - All fall down
Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch (Absolutely one of my favorite of all time)
the FMA opening and ending songs, by some Japanese singers.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Obie Trice - The Set Up
Kayne West - All Falls Down
G-Unit - G'd Up
8 Ball and MJG - You dont drama
Jay-Z - Dirt off your shoulder
poly

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PUNK is all i need to say i think.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice, any one else? top 5 fav songs at the moment?
jonos

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel
Bitter Green - Gordon Lightfoot
Canadian Railroad Trilogy - Gordon Lightfoot (Cervantes got me into this song)
For Emily, Wherever/Whenever (forget) I May Find Her

And there you have it, the cool music from the cool person.
naoki

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
Obie Trice - The Set Up
G-Unit - G'd Up

Heh heh. I'm noticing a weird trend with rap and directions. Seems like they're trying to literally find somewhere to go in their song. Not to mention Luda's "Stand Up" and Lil Jon's "Get Low"
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: reply

i guess anything but rap will do, i like r&b, but not rap
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Obie Trice - The Set Up
G-Unit - G'd Up

Heh heh. I'm noticing a weird trend with rap and directions. Seems like they're trying to literally find somewhere to go in their song. Not to mention Luda's "Stand Up" and Lil Jon's "Get Low"

lmao nice work.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good to notice.... thats weird..

Kanye West ALL THE WAY!!!
*** no wuts gay... korah in SSM dont like rap for what ive heard.... so that sucks BIG time... i dont want to go to dances cuz the music will suck MAJOR...

Kanye west - All Falls down
lil john- get low
luda- dir off ur shoulder
kanye west-trhu da wire *** sounds cool
artist - right or wrong **doesn't mater if its right or wrong.. gota get my peoples on.. something someting... or something like that..
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, this will probably end up being a really really long post because of how stongly I feel but let me get to it... In the most general way that I can say it, music, all in all, is a joke. But now, before you flame, let me elaborate.

It might be ironic and perhaps contradictory to the statement I made above if you found out that I'm a DJ and producer of Trance music, myself. However, it is also that very fact that reinforces that statement. In my career, I have made a simple discovery... making music is extraordinarily simple. All you need is good software and some time on your hands to get the basisc of sequencing down pat. And regarding a post by someone else on this topic:

"some people like making noises with computers and call it music"

You won't find any professional artists whatsoever who do not make music by making these "noises" with the computer. Any and all styles of music: rap, blues, rock, whatever are nowadays put together by combining "noises" on the computer. Why is this? Because a computer allows you to make music sound exactly as you want it to. You can make beats that are dead on, or you can purpousefully make those beats as wildly random as you please. There are no limits to digital music. However, try sitting at a piano playing 16th note chords which jump several octaves at once at 170BPM - if you can do it, you deserve a million dollars. With a computer you could do things you can't in any other way.

But now I'm going off topic. What I'm saying is that with the introduction of extremely user friendly software such as fruityloops, music is now so simple (though sometimes time consuming) to create. But the thing that gets on my nerves is that people like britney spears win awards and are paid hard millions for rediculously poor quality "music" such as Slave For You... This raises several questions.

What did this chick do to earn her money? Well, after a load of expensive beutifying treatments, yes, she does look hot. But as far as the music goes, what did she do? She got up on stage, let out a few sexy sighs, and cashed her cheque. I wish people would pay ME such money for something so rediculous.

More credit can be given to the dude who spent *some* time putting together (with computers) the background loop to the song. But that's just not the case. The actual producers of the music are ofen paid close to 5%-10% of sales, when they are actually the brains behind it all, spending weeks to put things together. And then comes someone like spears, breathes hard into a mic, and decides she wants an 80% cut. It enrages me even more to think that people like this actually argue that they aren't paid enough, but I will put that to rest for now.

Another thing I hate is how stupid mainstream music is. I won't deny that there ARE good mainstream songs out there, there's no doubt about that. But going back to the spears case, yes, she did make some tunes sound good with her voice, but Slave For You? What the FREAK is that? Why do you people like this? Isn't it time to move on from spears to some music worth respecting? Well I'm glad that I can finally say spears is done... but people like 50 cent are popping up. Same old, same old.

Here's the thing, I can come up with something better than any 50 cent track within an hour. The only difference will be that I'm not him, and therefore, people will automatically discredit my music. I've actually tested this. I played some of my trancy tunes to two groups of friends - one of them, I led to believe that the tune was made by a professional in the biz. To the second, I told them the truth - that this was my creation. And wouldn't you know it, the people who knew that it was simply my tune were quick to respond with nonconstructive criticism and insults. The second group loved it, and, when asked if they would be willing to pay for a cd of tracks like that, they came to a consensus of yes. My point has just been proven.

I think I've wasted enough of your bandwidth with my blabbering, now, but in case I haven't, I will also comment on one last quote from this topic:

"when i get music i don't really know what's the diffrence bettween techno, euro, dance, beats (well beats you can make out)"

All of this music can be classified as Electronica, but can further be subdivided into many smaller subgenres, which can be sorted using a simple spectrum. At the top of the following list are styles of electronica with a very hard, distorted, highly repetitive and "beaty" nature (kind of like the electronic heavy metal equivalent), while ones at the bottom are purely melodic, flowing, and dynamic, usually having deep lyrics (like an energetic rock ballad). The ones in the middle are a proportionate mic of the two.

Plain "Beats"
Acid
House
Techno
Happy Hardcore
Trance
NRG
Eurodance

There are more subgenres of course, but these are the most common. Well, now I've finally wasted enough of your time. I thank you for reading, and also for letting me vent some of my unnessecary rage. Good Night.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 66 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: