Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Overclocking
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thnx roer but, the link doesnt work
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
roer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Works for me...if it dosen't work then just type in Prime 95 in google
Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best way, obviously the most expensive way, is to buy a watercooling kit. You can also buy waterblocks for your videocard if you wish. However they usually run around $300. i use a blower called coolermaster aero 7+ (stats are better than volcano 9 - i'll get you the link) ... it keeps the cpu really cool because its made specifically for overclocking. there is a P4 version called coolermaster aero 4+. you should also get ramsinks to cool your ram, to make sure nothing dies. it would also be good to take a dremel and cut out a piece at the top of your case so you can mount an exaust fan there. and if you look on the back of your case there should be 1 or 2 places to mount exaust fans. take the dremel again and on the side of your case that you usually remove, cut out an intake fan, and on the bottom front of your case, there should be another grill there to mount another intake fan. on the spots of the case you cut, you will want to put a grill there so no fingers get in the way. - if you do this it should keep your system nice and cool

i had my ram timings set at 3-4-4-11 but i bought generic ram, its really crappy stuff, gotta get some ocz. with that i got my athlon xp 2500+ up to 2.2 ghz with a factory speed of 1.8 and have it running well. the system tempature was 20 deg celcius and cpu temp usually hovered around 28 degrees - idle, it went up to 42 on a load - running toast, which is the same deal as the program recommended above, for 1 hr... when you are increasing your front bus, you might have to increase the core voltage so it can achieve the speed, my core was at 1.8v @ 2.2. i use a program called CPUCool to monitor my case and core tempature.
roer

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OCZ is not exatcly the best overclocking RAM, the only good OCZ chips are the PC3200 Platinum, those rival Mushkin Black Lvl II =o Get some Corsair or Kingston if you really want to overclock
Blade

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i know, but because of where i live, its hard to get my hands on some of those, unless i go online - but i dont really trust that.
roer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya...location really plays a huge part in getting good stuff, I only order online if the website is trusted and I've heard 3 good things about it from people I know.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea watercooling is da best... but not viable duie to cost...

yea i saw this one comp on TV sale it had 10 ! colorful fans... and it had a transparent side... it was SOO nice..
Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

case modding, overclocking, and cooling is the ultimate in computers. i saw these sweeet UV fans at this place although i cant remember where. i was checkin out this site, and it showed this guy using liquid nitrogen to cool his processor. there was like a huge tank beside it... it must pump it really quickly so it doesnt freeze it or something... although i dont even think fast pumps would keep it from freezing, dont really understand how he would keep it from freezing...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've seen one with just water and a little beer refridgerator. Some guy was trying to make one for Computer Engineering - you have your beer and you have your cooling system with your computer.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
I've seen one with just water and a little beer refridgerator. Some guy was trying to make one for Computer Engineering - you have your beer and you have your cooling system with your computer.

wow that sounds like an very intresting idea. i whounder if it whould work... may have some probelms with sealing it up, b/c the cooled air could get out all the spots where the cords go in and out the comp and the drivers do. But the idea is very intresting, almost makes me whont to try it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
gamer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

check out the thermaltake website if u havnt done so alredi, their stuffs are GREAT!
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make ur case into a beer cooler... and that way it cooles ur comp.... cool..... except beer sucks... and whiskey is much better... Smile

now using an alienware labtop to fry eggs.... TAHTS SMART!!! and useful.... . i bet it couild be done... rite dan???? just run a shitload of big programs to make ur computer overwork itsself.... and have everything overclocked.... then u can cook!!! prob fry ur pc... but it would be sweet.... emagine the next generation computer.... where floppy goes... u put a slot for bread... and it toasts ur bread or pop tarts.. Smile using computers heat for something useful... Wink
roer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.casemodgod.com/kitchen_toaster_pc.htm - Toaster PC 8) 8)

http://www.solidhardware.com/macci/ - #1 Overclocker in the world ATM, hes a nice guy as well 8)

Chances are if you've seen extreme theres something more =)

Blade : www.bigfootcomputers.com - Good modding site,located in Toronto

www.bit-tech.net -Good modding site with some nice projects
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, whould be better then frying my legs. Whould not even need that many apps going, this thing can get hot fast. probly why it has 6 air vents on it, not shure how many fans (seems like alot but i think more then one air vent could have one fan providing air to it). But it is worth it for the profomince it gives.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i hate fans, atleast the 5 that iv got... randomely it keeps making sounds.. i have to shutdown the computer and start it up again for it to go :S (it suddenly get's lose :S) ahhh must change to something better! + 1 back fan is not working, i think it needs oiling Shocked
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: